Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] West Ham United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
attachment.php

West Ham v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: London Stadium
Date: Wednesday 1st December 2021
Kick-off: 19:30 BST
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Dan Cook, Daniel Robathan
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner
VAR: Jarred Gillett
Additional VAR: Neil Davies

TEAM NEWS

West Ham's Aaron Cresswell is back in training but remains a doubt after colliding with the post during the defeat by Manchester City on Sunday.

Angelo Ogbonna is a long-term absentee for the Hammers, who otherwise have a clean bill of health.

Brighton head coach Graham Potter has no fresh injury concerns following his side's goalless draw with Leeds at the weekend.

Both Danny Welbeck and Steven Alzate remain out for the Seagulls.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]West Ham have never beaten Brighton in their eight Premier League meetings (D5, L3).
    [*=left]The Hammers' last top-flight victory over Brighton was in 1983.
    [*=left]The five most recent league matches between these two teams have all finished as a draw.
West Ham

• [*=left]West Ham could lose three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since June 2020.
    [*=left]Their 20 Premier League wins in 2021 is a club record for a calendar year - only Chelsea and Manchester City have earned more this year.
    [*=left]They are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League matches played on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, winning the last four in a row.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are on an eight-match winless run, although they have drawn six of those.
    [*=left]The Seagulls could record successive goalless draws for the second time this season.
    [*=left]There have been 26 goals in 13 Premier League games involving Brighton this season, the second lowest tally in the division behind Wolves.

Graham Potter's West Ham Press Conference

[tweet]1466112359915823108[/tweet]

https://twitter.com/OfficialBHAFC/status/1466112359915823108

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php
attachment.php

West Ham v Albion

PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: London Stadium
Date: Wednesday 1st December 2021
Kick-off: 19:30 BST
Referee: Chris Kavanagh
Assistants: Dan Cook, Daniel Robathan
Fourth Official: Andre Marriner
VAR: Jarred Gillett
Additional VAR: Neil Davies

TEAM NEWS

West Ham's Aaron Cresswell is back in training but remains a doubt after colliding with the post during the defeat by Manchester City on Sunday.

Angelo Ogbonna is a long-term absentee for the Hammers, who otherwise have a clean bill of health.

Brighton head coach Graham Potter has no fresh injury concerns following his side's goalless draw with Leeds at the weekend.

Both Danny Welbeck and Steven Alzate remain out for the Seagulls.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]West Ham have never beaten Brighton in their eight Premier League meetings (D5, L3).
    [*=left]The Hammers' last top-flight victory over Brighton was in 1983.
    [*=left]The five most recent league matches between these two teams have all finished as a draw.
West Ham

• [*=left]West Ham could lose three consecutive Premier League games for the first time since June 2020.
    [*=left]Their 20 Premier League wins in 2021 is a club record for a calendar year - only Chelsea and Manchester City have earned more this year.
    [*=left]They are unbeaten in their last seven Premier League matches played on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday, winning the last four in a row.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are on an eight-match winless run, although they have drawn six of those.
    [*=left]The Seagulls could record successive goalless draws for the second time this season.
    [*=left]There have been 26 goals in 13 Premier League games involving Brighton this season, the second lowest tally in the division behind Wolves.

Graham Potter's West Ham Press Conference

Standards slipping [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION] sleeping in :rolleyes:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Are you home and recovered?

I'm home and recovering slowly, thanks. I've got water tablets that are making me piss like a race horse and antibiotics the size of elephant suppositories plus assorted bits and bobs but am looking forward to tonight with relish! UTA!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
While I always look forward to watching us play, I have a bad feeling about tonight.
The fact we've not lost a premier league game to the Hammers and they're coming off the back of two defeats doesn't bode well.
Hope I'm wrong but I can't see past a West Ham win.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
While I always look forward to watching us play, I have a bad feeling about tonight.
The fact we've not lost a premier league game to the Hammers and they're coming off the back of two defeats doesn't bode well.
Hope I'm wrong but I can't see past a West Ham win.

I felt the same about the Leeds game and we gave them a 0-0 thrashing :shrug:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'll take a draw here, they have shown that the results last season were no coincidence. Strong team with quality in every position.

Draw here and then a win against Southampton would make me very happy.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
I'm home and recovering slowly, thanks. I've got water tablets that are making me piss like a race horse and antibiotics the size of elephant suppositories plus assorted bits and bobs but am looking forward to tonight with relish! UTA!

Good to hear you are on the mend and many thanks for your match day threads , long may they continue !
Regarding today's event am excited to be attending the first post boogate match and while not exactly brimming with confidence ( no change there then ! ) am ever hopeful we can continue in our role as wet sham bogey team . UTA !

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I fear they will have too much intent of purpose and raw pace for our collection of technicians tonight. I’m sure there will be much to admire about our performance but I’m bracing myself for a comfortable home win.

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
From the next five games before Brentford, I am expecting a maximum haul of 4 points sadly (I do think on our day, we could get more though) so anything tonight will be hard fought.
I would take a 3-2 defeat if it meant we attacked with an end product, I would love to see Maupay score tonight

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I’ve been really impressed with their mix of power, speed and technical ability. Gonna be a whopper of a game I reckon and we need to be bang on it to get away with a point. Looking forward to it.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
More confident against a team that will come at us, rather than a park the bus mob with 8 behind the ball,

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I really think tonight is the game where we end our winless run. It should be an absolute ripsnorter of a game, the Hammers fans will be loud and proud so the atmosphere is sure to be electric. They will come on to us and have a go which is ideal for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here