Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Printing Issues

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So I'm trying to print pictures off my new printer. It's an HP6230.

When I try to print from Microsoft Photos it shows the options below.

The Paper Size gives me only A4 or Letter. I can set photo size to 6x4.

2.png

However, there is no option to print to my photo tray. It will only print from the paper tray.

It's doing me 'ead in and I don't know how to get Microsoft Photos to understand that I want to print a picture and not print to the documents tray. The HP App just defaults to Microsoft Photos and the saga starts again.

There must be a simple solution. Can anyone help here. (Please use simple language, our BG knew technology better than me)

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hit it with a hammer.

Won't fix it but it makes you feel better.

(Until you need to buy a new one)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Ah, I miss Ben’s Grandad sometimes.

wolfie

Jul 19, 2003
Warwickshire
There should be a settings or print setup option somewhere so you can change paper size and change to photo tray.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Windows key > Type scanner hit enter.

Click on your printer > Click manage

Click on printer properties and the setting should be there.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
How did it do that????
email this morning from Amazon stating that my HP wireless printer needs a new colour cartridge.
Yes it does, but how did Alexa know that? I've not searched for a new one yet but here is a message telling me that it's conected to Alexa and she can see I need one.
Big Brother is watching me.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How did it do that????
email this morning from Amazon stating that my HP wireless printer needs a new colour cartridge.
Yes it does, but how did Alexa know that? I've not searched for a new one yet but here is a message telling me that it's conected to Alexa and she can see I need one.
Big Brother is watching me.

I'm on HP scheme where my printer tells HP I need new ink and they send one in the post without any action needed from me. It is great never having to think or care about it.

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
Could someone explain how Alexa telling you that you need anew cartridge is in any way connected connected to finding out how to print a picture?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I'm not brilliant at this, but what happens if you turn off the "Let the app change my printing preferences"?

Is the correct answer Jack - better than you give yourself credit for. It also then lets you change the paper type as well as the size.

This is a great example of Microsoft making things "simpler" for you. Worth noting that with Windows, there is plenty of half decent software readily available, so that you don't have to struggle with the crap that Microsoft bundles.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I do quite a bit of home photo printing.

I load the image into a blank MS Word document - right click the image and select required size - e.g. adjust to 6x4, 7x5, or whatever the frame or target size is.
Then select print preview and change printer properties to photo / glossy etc. output
Load a blank piece of A4 photo paper and print

5 minute [or less] job

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here