Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] How close is Locadia to wrestling Ashley Neal's title away?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Worst player in an Albion shirt in the last 30 years?

As bad as Jurgen is, Ashley will always be the 'champ' as far as I'm concerned.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Still scored Premier League goals that kept us up - and also took us to a FA Cup Semi Final :shrug:

Chris Holroyd - 16 games, never scored

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Let him go to Accrington. I know they were interested in the summer and that seems to have cooled now, but surely it would be a good move for him and he'd get more game time.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Locardia plays in the Premier League, he'd be smashing League One/Two.
Maybe not smashing, but looking better than he does now.

He looks like he's wading through mud on pristine premier League pitches, think how bad it would be in actual mud

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Locaida isn't even the worse player of the Amex era when we've had the likes of Jon Obika and Chuba Akpom playing for us.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Locadia had a goals per game ratio of slightly better than 1 in 3 for PSV in the Dutch top tier. I imagine he’d have looked like a world beater in that 96/97 team that Ashley Neil featured in (ignoring the fact that he’d have only been 3 years old).

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
People have a tendency to compare Locadia with world class strikers, like Fred Binney. Even the likes of Messi and Ronaldo don't compare to Super Fred.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
another thread on locadia? we know he isn't up to scratch and we have done for some time now, and it's hardly as if he plays a significant role these days. just seems a tad unnecessary imo :shrug:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
DJ Locadia = Pathetic buy. Yet anther piss-poor purchase from the Dutch Walking League. Recruitment guys at that period of time just got lazy and splashed TB's cash on no-marks :tosser:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
another thread on locadia? we know he isn't up to scratch and we have done for some time now, and it's hardly as if he plays a significant role these days. just seems a tad unnecessary imo :shrug:

Indeed. If he'd been with us in the Dark Days at the foot of League Two ... well they wouldn't have been nearly so dark as he'd have been our best player by a country mile. There would be threads reminiscing about him saying how great he was and how he was worth the admission price on his own.

As has been said he's not brilliant and probably isn't quite PL standard, but he's not even the worst player of the Amex era let alone at the Ashley Neal level.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Massively exaggerated. He's not a terrible player - just not up to Premier League standard.
This. Terrible signing though he was.

At least he sparked the FA Cup run with that well taken goal at Millwall. What have the likes of Ashley Neale or Michael Mahoney Johnson ever contributed?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Unless what you are actually saying 'I remember Ashley Neal, so don't lecture me on history'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here