Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "His deep-rooted dismay at the level of support at the Amex Stadium spilt over..."

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"His deep-rooted dismay at the level of support at the Amex Stadium spilt over..."

A sentence that caught the eye in the preview of an Athletic article (as I don't have a subscription) about Saturday's boo-gate.

So, Potter was pissed off with us *gestures expansively* before those few frustrated boos?

That's a bit disappointing, isn't it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You're squeezing the pips outta this one, aren't you? :lol: :kiss:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I still agree with him though :shrug:

The man is showing passion and irritation, I like it given how well we played.

We are turning into a 21st century Charlton who were sixth when their fans hounded Curbishley out of the club because they should have been doing better. Be careful what you wish for if this winless run continues and we drop to 15th….

Last edited:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Naylor taking his opportunity to have a dig at the fans again.

Either he's still pissed off that his golf days with Mickey Adams and Bob Booker got cancelled or he's just going for clickbait.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
A sentence that caught the eye in the preview of an Athletic article (as I don't have a subscription) about Saturday's boo-gate.

So, Potter was pissed off with us *gestures expansively* before those few frustrated boos?

That's a bit disappointing, isn't it?

And how many times has he commented in the past about the crowd being the 12th man, really making a difference, getting us over the line etc etc......

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Well, he said pretty much the opposite yesterday on the press conference.

Anyway, yet another thread on this sensitive and highly divisive subject which pretty much everyone has already had their say on is surely going to prevent unpleasant atmosphere and help build that community feeling in the same manner half of the natives going down the village to flog the dead horse for a third night running with the other half standing by protesting would help achieve those things.

Could we move on maybe?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I still agree with him though :shrug:

The man is showing passion and irritation, I like it given how well we played.

We are turning into a 21st century Charlton who were sixth when their fans hounded Curbishley out of the club because they should have been doing better. Be careful what you wish for if this winless run continues and we drop to 15th….

This is the bit that is irritating me, I am glad Potter reacted it shows he cares, but my god the over reaction to his response has now turned the booing by a few bell cheeses into the majority of Albion supporters are entitled idiots who are not happy with the club/team/management/catering staff/etc.

The media have latched onto it and are doing their usual trick of trying to create a massive story out of this and we are all getting dragged down to the level of the booboys.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Christ.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Naylor taking his opportunity to have a dig at the fans again.

Either he's still pissed off that his golf days with Mickey Adams and Bob Booker got cancelled or he's just going for clickbait.

Naylor, the local hack, has always enjoyed taking the high ground with the fans. He is so aloof I'm surprised anyone bothers reading his rubbish.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I wish he got as annoyed about our lack of goals as he seemingly is with us all the time

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I have absolutely no issue at all with Potter showing some interest. Hopefully he'll have lit a bit of a rocket under some arses to get them to show us, the fans, that we're wrong to be unhappy with our miserable lack of goalscoring ability. I hope he's told one or two of the players to prove us wrong and shut us up, starting at West Ham tomorrow.

I don't think the team needs radical changes to it, although I'd bring Welbeck straight back in when he's ready. We just need individuals to take more responsibility for bothering the onion bag on a game by game basis and not leave it to Trossard and Maupay (bless him) to score all our goals. We really need Duffy, Dunk and Webster to take a bit more responsibility at set pieces to get on the end of things - because from open play we're a blunt sword.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I have absolutely no issue at all with Potter showing some interest. Hopefully he'll have lit a bit of a rocket under some arses to get them to show us, the fans, that we're wrong to be unhappy with our miserable lack of goalscoring ability. I hope he's told one or two of the players to prove us wrong and shut us up, starting at West Ham tomorrow.

I don't think the team needs radical changes to it, although I'd bring Welbeck straight back in when he's ready. We just need individuals to take more responsibility for bothering the onion bag on a game by game basis and not leave it to Trossard and Maupay (bless him) to score all our goals. We really need Duffy, Dunk and Webster to take a bit more responsibility at set pieces to get on the end of things - because from open play we're a blunt sword.

yes , for a combined height of 19 feet our cb's are wubbish at offensive corners......wubbish..!!!

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Naylor has never got over his "Zamora will never return to the Albion" headline just a very short time before...er...Bobby came home.

As Piltdown Man said, he never misses any opportunity to lay into the fans. Remember, he is a Stoke fan stealing a living opining on BHAFC.

He was a tit then and he is a tit now. I'm sure that there are a few on here who know more about what happens within the club than he does.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
This thread is just dragging out what has already been covered on numerous other threads.
It's almost Laura Kuensbergesqe in it's subtlety.

I've taken the bait, so in fairness it is working and increasing NSC's traffic even though it's embarrassing for the vast majority of Brighton fans.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

A goal scoring record, which is currently better than Spurs in seventh and equal with Wolves in sixth! Sure these are selective picks but is this miserable or just disappointing?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here