Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Was Ange in the loop?

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Seems Sir Kneel might have left her in the dark this morning.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59461674

Loop.jpg

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Shadow cabinet resuffle

Today, apparently. "Asked about the reshuffle, deputy leader Angela Rayner said she "didn't know the details", adding: "I've been concentrating on the job that I'm doing."". Which she won't be doing for much longer with any luck.

Meanwhile Cat Smith is returning to the backbenches:

"She said the pair had a meeting scheduled during which she wanted to raise concerns about former leader Jeremy Corbyn "not being readmitted to the Parliamentary Labour Party".

She wrote that the current situation was "utterly unsustainable" adding "it is important you truly understand how much damage this is causing".

In her letter, Ms Smith also expressed disappointment the party had not "adopted a position" on proportional representation which she considered to be "fundamentally fairer"."

And so, quietly, and with barely a murmer, the Corbyn Travesty is flushed down the khazi of history, as Starmer raises and then lowers one eyebrow......

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Captain Hindsight needs to get some foresight. Sounds like an absolute shambles from what I’ve just watched on the news :lolol:

I thought that was aTory monopoly

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The only two explanations for not letting her in the loop were, an oversight, which means KS is incompetent or that he didn't trust her not to leak it. Which is far more likely.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The Tories are bad, but sadly Labour are even worse. There hasn't been a proper Labour party since Blair left. With the Tory party leaning more left, maybe Labour need to come back into the centre. Would make them far more electable. Getting rid of Raynor would be a great place to start.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
The Tories are bad, but sadly Labour are even worse. There hasn't been a proper Labour party since Blair left. With the Tory party leaning more left, maybe Labour need to come back into the centre. Would make them far more electable. Getting rid of Raynor would be a great place to start.

I agree as soon as Blair was no longer leader , Labour went downhill fast . The Corbyn effect which was mainly to turn off lifelong supporters of Labour will take a few more years to completely eradicate .

Feel sorry for Keir who is a decent man . His idiotic deputy is another embarrassment though .

Blair was the best thing that happened to Labour in the last 50 years .

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Absolutely spot on .

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021

I think most would say that KS is reasonably centrist?

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Quite a few members of my family live in Angela Raynor's constituency. This is a strongly working class area of East Manchester.

She is incredibly unpopular. The towns in the area are a real mess with the council under heavy criticism for incompetent use of funds, there's a huge drug problem and she is invisible.

I know you could say that about a lot of MPs but her media profile does match the local view of her as a constituency MP.

Starmer needs to get rid of her - she's risen to a level far above her ability due to the mess the Labour Party has got itself in.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
We are not well-served by the current generation of political pygmies on both sides of the house. :nono:

Starmer shuffling his deckchairs will not make a difference.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

1. I'd say the Tories are certainly an embarrassment and a disgrace but to accept "the devil you know" whilst maintaining a position that Labour - who have plenty of able Shadow Cabinet politicians and an eloquent leader - are "even worse" is a weak position to take. I fancy that Starmer / Reeves / Thomas-Symonds / Nandy / Philipson / Lammy / Ashworth would do a lot better job than Johnson / Patel / Rishi / Truss / Javed / Raab and Gove.

2. Many would argue that Labour wasn't a proper Labour party under Blair. He certainly departed from core Labour values during his tenure, courted The Sun and applied John Major's fledgling PFI policy to the max.

3. It was a mistake to make Rayner Deputy Leader, the sort of mistake Labour make when they shoot themselves in the foot. They wanted a plain-speaking Northern woman to counter-balance Starmer's male metropolitan elite aire. Unfortunately, when a pitbull is let off the leash the results can be catastrophic. Lisa Nandy would have been a shrewder choice. I think Lammy could do the job, and the one who really impresses me is Wes Streeting.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
A government is only ever really worthwhile if it has a good opposition. We have neither

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Tories are bad, but sadly Labour are even worse.

Nonsense. That’s bizarre biased party political based dogma. When a Tory government loses the Daily Mail, you can be assured that they are one of the worst ones in history. I happen to believe (along with millions of others) that Johnson is the worst PM in our history. He is only a couple of characteristically shit judgement calls away from losing the Sun & Express. Plenty of Tories will tell you that Johnson had only achieved two good things, getting Britain out of Europe (Brexit is still being negotiated) and getting the Tories in power.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here