Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booster jabs.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
There’s a note on the test certificate that I may find out the variant in a couple of weeks time, if it’s a variant of interest.

[I used The Regenerative Clinic at 5 Ways, plugged by a nsc’er from their occasionally].

Symptoms:
Coughing, sometimes pretty violently. Especially when lying down.
Dry throat and mouth.
Sneezing.
Feeling cold, then too hot.
Knackered. Doing stuff is an effort.
Brain not functioning :lol:
Then unusually for me, as I’m not asthmatic, really struggling for breath at times eg for the first hour today.
Lack of sleep.

Thankfully, no loss of taste or smell.

This is 10x worse than the cold/fever side effects from my first OAZ jab. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, not even Bill Archer :wink:

Hope you are starting to feel a little better. I’ve heard that the loss of taste/smell can arrive later though. It would be really interesting to find out your variant when you know.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Hope you are starting to feel a little better. I’ve heard that the loss of taste/smell can arrive later though. It would be really interesting to find out your variant when you know.

Not too bad, thanks. Feel rough.

You could be right, smell’s mostly gone today, but thankfully not taste.

My wife works at Worthing Hospital, ‘The Hub’ there were very firmly trying to cajole her into work despite me proven to be a new case. She meets the elderly and vulnerable daily for consultations, not critical care. So they made her queue up at Preston Park NHS testing in the cold yesterday for 2 hours, she already felt ill, low and behold she’s got a positive PCR test result.

A relief really, we don’t want elderly folk with pre existing health conditions getting Covid. Why put these people at risk?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Yep. I felt horrific after my 1st AZ. Up all night with a high temperature. I felt really really bad. Then a day later or so, I was absolutely fine.

Two of my best friends have had Covid recently. Both in their 40’s. Both double jabbed with AZ. Knocked each one out for a week plus. One of them is still only ‘80%’ after more than a month.

I’ll gladly take my day or two of illness (tomorrow & Tuesday) to avoid that scenario.

Bad my pfizer booster yesterday (after two novavax) and was very similar. Have never shivered like I did last night. Just laid out on the sofa with my daughter jumping on my stomach. :rolleyes:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Bad my pfizer booster yesterday (after two novavax) and was very similar. Have never shivered like I did last night. Just laid out on the sofa with my daughter jumping on my stomach. :rolleyes:

I’ve had two Pfizer’s after two Novavax. Definitely more of a reaction to Pfizer, especially a very sore arm.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I had two AZ jabs and then had a Pfizer booster today. The booster is a ****, I had an almost instant headache which hasn't gone, my arm is virtually useless, can't get it past about 45 degrees. My entire body aches, especially lower back, neck and my jaw. Got the cold shivers starting now so I'm going to try to get some sleep before I'm unable to sleep. Hopefully nurofen is my friend.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I had two AZ jabs and then had a Pfizer booster today. The booster is a ****, I had an almost instant headache which hasn't gone, my arm is virtually useless, can't get it past about 45 degrees. My entire body aches, especially lower back, neck and my jaw. Got the cold shivers starting now so I'm going to try to get some sleep before I'm unable to sleep. Hopefully nurofen is my friend.

Similar to me after no side effects from first two. Was gone in 48 hours.

Rather have that than Covid though. Get well soon.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Similar to me after no side effects from first two. Was gone in 48 hours.

Rather have that than Covid though. Get well soon.

Cheers.
Body is still aching today, feel very lethargic and my arm is still dead, something that I didn't think about when going to the toilet and not being able to grab the loo roll.
Back to work tomorrow, hoping it would have passed by then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Cheers.
Body is still aching today, feel very lethargic and my arm is still dead, something that I didn't think about when going to the toilet and not being able to grab the loo roll.
Back to work tomorrow, hoping it would have passed by then.

A dead arm will be more down to the needle/injection site than the vaccine won't it ??

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
A dead arm will be more down to the needle/injection site than the vaccine won't it ??

Probably. It's just the top where I was jabbed, but it's certainly reduced movement.
It's nothing like my first jab, that wiped me out for a few days with the lack of energy and aches. This is very mild in comparison, the headache is annoying though, nothing seems to shift it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Probably. It's just the top where I was jabbed, but it's certainly reduced movement.
It's nothing like my first jab, that wiped me out for a few days with the lack of energy and aches. This is very mild in comparison, the headache is annoying though, nothing seems to shift it.

Think of the antibodies :whistle:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

A dead arm is a known and harmless (or should I say 'armless reaction).

I know people who had one. Will go away quite soon.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The PM just said 90% of people in ICU with Covid have not had their booster.

Seems like a no brainer to me.

Get your booster ASAP and avoid putting a burden on the NHS.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Cant vaccinate forever though.

Do we stop at 4th jab, 5th jab, 10th jab etc???
I think it'll develop in the future into a more traditional yearly top up for those considered vulnerable. At the moment, everything is new and in a state of flux and maybe seems more chaotic than it actually is.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cant vaccinate forever though.

Do we stop at 4th jab, 5th jab, 10th jab etc???

You can vaccinate forever (once a year) else they wouldn't have have bothered to invent the flu jab.

You have been strongly advised to take a booster, however if you think you don't need it that's up to you.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Has anyone had their spring booster (4th) jab and if so have they had any adverse reaction? I have an appointment for mine next week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here