Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booster jabs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Is there any data on the efficiency of Pfizer (2+booster) against Omnicron ? Or even just 2x doses ?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I had mine yesterday morning, 2 xAZ 1x Pz I’ve felt horrendous ever since, every joint in my body is aching, my hearts has been racing since yesterday lunchtime, and all of a sudden I get out of breath quickly.
It can’t be any coincidence I was absolutely fine before my appointment.
I certainly won’t be having a forth one.

That's what I was like after my 2nd Pfizer. When I woke up at 2am in cold sweats with my heart beating out my chest for 3 hours I was a bit worried I'd end up as a statistic. I'm not particularly fussed about the booster.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
That's what I was like after my 2nd Pfizer. When I woke up at 2am in cold sweats with my heart beating out my chest for 3 hours I was a bit worried I'd end up as a statistic. I'm not particularly fussed about the booster.

Yep. I felt horrific after my 1st AZ. Up all night with a high temperature. I felt really really bad. Then a day later or so, I was absolutely fine.

Two of my best friends have had Covid recently. Both in their 40’s. Both double jabbed with AZ. Knocked each one out for a week plus. One of them is still only ‘80%’ after more than a month.

I’ll gladly take my day or two of illness (tomorrow & Tuesday) to avoid that scenario.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We are registered at Lime Tree Surgery, here in Worthing.

I got my booster through the Surgery 2 weeks ago, at Durrington Health centre just down the road from us having booked via the 0333 number that covers Chichester, LA and Worthing.

My wife however got a text from the Surgery yesterday advising that they were running booster drop in sessions on Saturday and Sunday.

She went down there today, and after a half an hour queue got her booster (Pfizer on top of her 2x Moderna).

What was most interesting, and is pertinent to what had been discussed on here was that whilst she was waiting inside, 2 people of a similar age to her, late 40s to early 50s came in asking if they could have their 1st ever dose, which is great news. Great to see 2 people who somehow missed out originally finally getting a vaccination.

Hopefully this push might encourage more reticent people to come forward.

Also, is like to compliment Lime Tree for being on top of the booster programme in Worthing, with queues both days at the centre.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As an aside, I was talking to someone who works at our local Coop last week, she is always very friendly etc.

She mentioned she wasn't happy that Johnson had announced the need for Vax Passports.

I enquired why, and she told me she had only got 1 vaccination.

I asked why and she told me that "3 of her friends had all had heart attacks from the Moderna vaccine ".

I was a little taken aback by that, and admittedly was somewhat rude to her. I left the store and them immediately went back to apologise for being rude, as she clearly had her reasons.

I've since seen her again and we're cool.

However, I've searched and I can't find anything to show that Moderna had been causing heart attacks, particularly enough for 3 friends to all suffer the same fate.

Any thoughts?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As an aside, I was talking to someone who works at our local Coop last week, she is always very friendly etc.

She mentioned she wasn't happy that Johnson had announced the need for Vax Passports.

I asked why and she told me that "3 of her friends had all had heart attacks from the Moderna vaccine ".

I was a little taken aback by that, and admittedly was somewhat rude to her. I left the store and them immediately went back to apologise for being rude, as she clearly had her reasons.

However, I've searched and I can't find anything to show that Moderna had been causing heart attacks, particularly enough for 3 friends to all suffer the same fate.

Any thoughts?
Either lying or incredibly unlucky......

Numbers are reportedly tiny, so having 3 friends suffer that is a many Millions to one shot.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Any thoughts?

A quick search does reveal that there is advice not to give Moderna to under 30’s because of RARE heart attacks

Edit Dazzer has already replied

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
A quick search does reveal that there is advice not to give Moderna to under 30’s because of RARE heart attacks

Edit Dazzer has already replied

Perhaps I should tell her to get a Pfizer booster then?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Any thoughts?

I had a similar conversation with a taxi driver who claimed a vaccine had killed his friend. No edit that, I've had the same conversation with two taxi different drivers.

When you drill in, it becomes a friend of a friend, cousin etc...

On both occasions as the conversation went on, they were clearly both scared of injections. Felt very sorry for them.

Yoda

English & European
Just a heads up from your friendly NHS IT (internal) employee:

The Vaccination Booking service on 119, takes about 7 mins to get through the advice and information. When it finally says you are able to connect to someone to book your appointment, it just says they are busy and to try again later.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Just a heads up from your friendly NHS IT (internal) employee:

The Vaccination Booking service on 119, takes about 7 mins to get through the advice and information. When it finally says you are able to connect to someone to book your appointment, it just says they are busy and to try again later.

20 odd months in to the Coronavirus crisis and we have been unable to create a easy way of booking boosters and we have run out of lateral flow kits .... Did no one in authority anticipate these problems ?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Parking the usual political crap.

I've just had a positive PCR test result for Covid, tested yesterday.

I'd been on holiday with my wife and daughter, they'd long since had booster jabs, I hadn't. Their test results came back negative!

A similar story for a brother of mine, he caught Covid a couple of weeks ago, about the time he was due to get his booster.

A minute sample I realise, but I think it demonstrates the effectiveness of the booster, topping up on the waned efficacy of jabs 1 and 2.

Get yours done a.s.a.p!!!!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

I'd been on holiday with my wife and daughter, they'd long since had booster jabs, I hadn't. Their test results came back negative!

A similar story for a brother of mine, he caught Covid a couple of weeks ago, about the time he was due to get his booster.

A minute sample I realise, but I think it demonstrates the effectiveness of the booster, topping up on the waned efficacy of jabs 1 and 2.

Bad luck, hope you recover swiftly. It seems the Omicron is absolutely rampant at the moment and is set to get considerably more prevalent....indeed, everyone get your booster, avoid putting yourself at risk in an enclosed environment, wash them hands and wear that mask... reduce your risks and that way you help yourself and others.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Bad luck, hope you recover swiftly. It seems the Omicron is absolutely rampant at the moment and is set to get considerably more prevalent....indeed, everyone get your booster, avoid putting yourself at risk in an enclosed environment, wash them hands and wear that mask... reduce your risks and that way you help yourself and others.

Thanks.

Going by Dr Chris Smith’s explanation, I may’ve caught it about a week ago. That would’ve been when time was spent by us on three flights, also time in restaurants.

Dead right about hand washing. It’s easy to dismiss that with “What’s that got to do with an airborne disease”, but people are sneezing and coughing into their hands, then touching stuff.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
20 odd months in to the Coronavirus crisis and we have been unable to create a easy way of booking boosters and we have run out of lateral flow kits .... Did no one in authority anticipate these problems ?

NHS doesnt do planning, thats for others to do while they focus on delivery. Department of Health expects exPHE to, who expect NHS to... oh.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Thanks.

Going by Dr Chris Smith’s explanation, I may’ve caught it about a week ago. That would’ve been when time was spent by us on three flights, also time in restaurants.

Dead right about hand washing. It’s easy to dismiss that with “What’s that got to do with an airborne disease”, but people are sneezing and coughing into their hands, then touching stuff.

So many of us has gone a bit slack on what we were doing a year or so back as regards the simple things. At my store the rule was masks on across the store unless in the staff room having a break/lunch. The problem now is people walk around back store without masks pre opening and have become incredibly slack. There was a maximum of 2 people in the staff room a year ago and they were on opposite sides of the small room, on thursday there were 7 people in there unmasked. I don't use hand sanitiser as often as i did and I have to remind myself to change my mask at least once a day.

We have all eased back and Omicron has stepped up the virus's game.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

What are your symptoms like? And have they told you which variant?

So many mild and and asymptomatic symptoms being reported, as I said above I really felt the 2nd Pfizer and it wasn't just that night either, I wasn't right for a couple of weeks after and it was the same for Mrs BTF.

In my situation it's almost a straight choice between 1 or two days guaranteed illness or a lottery where at one end I might feel nothing at all or at the other I might be wiped out for a couple of weeks.

At the moment given the stats from South Africa I'd still rather play the lottery. That could change depending what happens over here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What are your symptoms like? And have they told you which variant?

So many mild and and asymptomatic symptoms being reported, as I said above I really felt the 2nd Pfizer and it wasn't just that night either, I wasn't right for a couple of weeks after and it was the same for Mrs BTF.

In my situation it's almost a straight choice between 1 or two days guaranteed illness or a lottery where at one end I might feel nothing at all or at the other I might be wiped out for a couple of weeks.

At the moment given the stats from South Africa I'd still rather play the lottery. That could change depending what happens over here.

There’s a note on the test certificate that I may find out the variant in a couple of weeks time, if it’s a variant of interest.

[I used The Regenerative Clinic at 5 Ways, plugged by a nsc’er from their occasionally].

Symptoms:
Coughing, sometimes pretty violently. Especially when lying down.
Dry throat and mouth.
Sneezing.
Feeling cold, then too hot.
Knackered. Doing stuff is an effort.
Brain not functioning :lol:
Then unusually for me, as I’m not asthmatic, really struggling for breath at times eg for the first hour today.
Lack of sleep.

Thankfully, no loss of taste or smell.

This is 10x worse than the cold/fever side effects from my first OAZ jab. I wouldn’t wish it on anyone, not even Bill Archer :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here