Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Booster jabs.

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
Missus and myself are trying to book a booster jab. I am registered in Shoreham and she is registered in Worthing but the NHS keeps taking us to Surrey when we put our address in.

So where do you book in Worthing and Shoreham?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Missus and myself are trying to book a booster jab. I am registered in Shoreham and she is registered in Worthing but the NHS keeps taking us to Surrey when we put our address in.

So where do you book in Worthing and Shoreham?
I had this trouble bur realised this was because I missed a link provided in the text message from my surgery reminding me to get the booster. If you have a link to Accurx. something USE that link..I was able to book at the Charmandean Centre in Worthing.

Additionally you can call your surgery and they can give you a phone number for somewhere more local....I believe there are a few locations in Worthing you can use.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not sure if this is the right thread but below are data on total caes and take up of first, second and third jabs. In order, Swale (Faversham and Sittingbourne; very white and working class); Guildford (very white and middle class); Burnley (mixed ethnicity, working class); Oldham (mixed, working class) and Brighton and Hove (whatever). Any surprises? ??? Looks a bit poor in Brighton and Hove to me, and yet were were told last year that it was British muslims who were vaccine hesitant.

swale.PNG
guildford.PNG
burnley.PNG
Oldham.PNG
Brighton and hove.PNG

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure if this is the right thread but below are data on total caes and take up of first, second and third jabs. In order, Swale (Faversham and Sittingbourne; very white and working class); Guildford (very white and middle class); Burnley (mixed ethnicity, working class); Oldham (mixed, working class) and Brighton and Hove (whatever). Any surprises? ??? Looks a bit poor in Brighton and Hove to me, and yet were were told last year that it was British muslims who were vaccine hesitant.

View attachment 142698
View attachment 142699
View attachment 142700
View attachment 142701
View attachment 142702

There’s a huge anti vax community in ‘awkward’ Brighton, Hove & Lewes. Not right wing, but the woolly jumpered left wing or self styled ‘off gridders’.

Someone close to us was heavily influenced by large groups of these people, in their 40’s and 50’s, 5 Ways/Southover/Elm Grove/Lewes are typical areas. Prolific on social media, followers of the full caboodle including Shemirani and Icke. One of the main organisers was a Labour Party official, now expelled.

Brighton and Hove had the most cases per capita of Mumps post Andrew Lying Wakefield.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
There’s a huge anti vax community in ‘awkward’ Brighton, Hove & Lewes. Not right wing, but the woolly jumperedleft wing or self styled ‘off gridders’.

Someone close to us was heavily influenced by large groups of these people, in their 40’s and 50’s, 5 Ways/Southover/Elm Grove/Lewes are typical areas. Prolific on social media, followers of the full caboodle including Shemirani and Icke. One of the main organisers was a Labour Party official, now expelled.

Brighton and Hove had the most cases per capita of Mumps post Andrew Lying Wakefield.

Like sheep

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There’s a huge anti vax community in ‘awkward’ Brighton, Hove & Lewes. Not right wing, but the woolly jumpered left wing or self styled ‘off gridders’.

That's very sad. So weak, to define anything they are too lazy or stupid to go along with as a conspiracy with a secret but obviously malign agenda. I'd like to punch them all, hard, in the face.

Edit: socially distanced, obviously:

boxing-glove-surprise-my-own-design-35273877.jpg

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

You are right.
Loads of fu—-ng weirdos live in Brighton and nearby. It is absolutely no surprise to me that some of them are anti vax.
Funny really, they won’t have a medically tested jab that saves lives, but many among their number are probably more than content with snorting all manner of substances up their stupid nostrils.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You are right.
Loads of fu—-ng weirdos live in Brighton and nearby. It is absolutely no surprise to me that some of them are anti vax.
Funny really, they won’t have a medically tested jab that saves lives, but many among their number are probably more than content with snorting all manner of substances up their stupid nostrils.

Green voters up at Five Ways, large contingent of parents in the 50’s and 40’s. All their kids indoctrinated, anti 5g masts, you name it.

They went en masse to London rallies held by Icke, Shemirani and P.Corbyn.

A most weird collective of Burberry wearing bald right wingers and leftie off griddders (in their dreams) from Brighton and Lewes.

All anti vax, many covid deniers.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Green voters up at Five Ways, large contingent of parents in the 50’s and 40’s. All their kids indoctrinated, anti 5g masts, you name it.

They went en masse to London rallies held by Icke, Shemirani and P.Corbyn.

A most weird collective of Burberry wearing bald right wingers and leftie off griddders (in their dreams) from Brighton and Lewes.

All anti vax, many covid deniers.

The people who live next to my sister in Preston Park are anti vax and believe all kinds of nonsense.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
The people who live next to my sister in Preston Park are anti vax and believe all kinds of nonsense.

The issue, I think, is a little more complex than out and out, conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxx nut jobs. Case in point, my very own wife. Now, she’s a very clever woman in some respects, and not the brightest in others. In particular, she’s not the best at deciphering between good and bad advice, and from whom she chooses to absorb it.

I’m only 36 but had my booster about six weeks ago due to a minor congenital heart condition I have. The wife, also 36, is only double-jabbed and so with news that over 30s can soon book their boosters, I thought I’d see if there were any appointments available for her. Good news, there were!

I went to tell her as I thought she’d be pleased. With a couple of weeks to Christmas, with Omicron on the rise and plans to have family round I thought there’s no time like present. “You can get your booster jab, you should get your appointment ASAP”.

“Don’t tell me what to do”, she says. “I’ve seen on Facebook that the booster is making people really ill, and I don’t want to be ill over Christmas. I’m in absolutely no rush to get it”.

Honestly, I was taken aback by that reaction and her usage of Facebook as a barometer of what’s supposedly going on in the world. I didn’t even know where to start with that - I just tried to explain that it is very urgent as there’s a bloody good chance Omicron will be paying many of us a visit in the coming weeks. Ultimately, it’s her own mind and body, I can’t MAKE her do anything, but I find her attitude disappointing and worrying.

Her sister’s husband was in intensive care and on CPAP, only one step away from a ventilator, back in January so it’s not as she’s not seen the damage this virus can do up close. There will be countless others like her I imagine too - she’s usually not a complete idiot. But I think people are now very jaded with this whole thing, and I’m not sure that the message is being heard as loyal and clearly as it has been previously.

And that could be a bit of an issue as we head into Christmas.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
The issue, I think, is a little more complex than out and out, conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxx nut jobs. Case in point, my very own wife. Now, she’s a very clever woman in some respects, and not the brightest in others. In particular, she’s not the best at deciphering between good and bad advice, and from whom she chooses to absorb it.

I’m only 36 but had my booster about six weeks ago due to a minor congenital heart condition I have. The wife, also 36, is only double-jabbed and so with news that over 30s can soon book their boosters, I thought I’d see if there were any appointments available for her. Good news, there were!

I went to tell her as I thought she’d be pleased. With a couple of weeks to Christmas, with Omicron on the rise and plans to have family round I thought there’s no time like present. “You can get your booster jab, you should get your appointment ASAP”.

“Don’t tell me what to do”, she says. “I’ve seen on Facebook that the booster is making people really ill, and I don’t want to be ill over Christmas. I’m in absolutely no rush to get it”.

Honestly, I was taken aback by that reaction and her usage of Facebook as a barometer of what’s supposedly going on in the world. I didn’t even know where to start with that - I just tried to explain that it is very urgent as there’s a bloody good chance Omicron will be paying many of us a visit in the coming weeks. Ultimately, it’s her own mind and body, I can’t MAKE her do anything, but I find her attitude disappointing and worrying.

Her sister’s husband was in intensive care and on CPAP, only one step away from a ventilator, back in January so it’s not as she’s not seen the damage this virus can do up close. There will be countless others like her I imagine too - she’s usually not a complete idiot. But I think people are now very jaded with this whole thing, and I’m not sure that the message is being heard as loyal and clearly as it has been previously.

And that could be a bit of an issue as we head into Christmas.

I am sorry to here of your problem and hope that your wife can be persuaded to be jabbed in the near future.
It must be a worry and very frustrating for you.::thumbsup:

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I had mine yesterday morning, 2 xAZ 1x Pz I’ve felt horrendous ever since, every joint in my body is aching, my hearts has been racing since yesterday lunchtime, and all of a sudden I get out of breath quickly.
It can’t be any coincidence I was absolutely fine before my appointment.
I certainly won’t be having a forth one.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
That's very sad. So weak, to define anything they are too lazy or stupid to go along with as a conspiracy with a secret but obviously malign agenda. I'd like to punch them all, hard, in the face.

Edit: socially distanced, obviously:

View attachment 142705

I’ve no problem with people not getting vaccinated but I absolutely believe they should have their access restricted to the absolute minimum, if the data justifies it, unless they can show a negative test.

The 90% in the UK who have been vaccinated are having their liberties restricted due to their intransigence. Time for the majority to be heard!?

Personally, I’ve really enjoyed my nightly chats with Bill Gates since my jabs…..!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I am sorry to here of your problem and hope that your wife can be persuaded to be jabbed in the near future.
It must be a worry and very frustrating for you.::thumbsup:

It’s not that she’s suddenly against the vaccine, it’s more a case of “it’s Christmas, I’m busy, the house is upside down, I don’t have time to go and I don’t want to feel ill from any side effects”. It’s just not a priority to her.

I’ve stressed precisely why it should be, hopefully it sinks in. A Christmas with her bed bound, or worse, with Omicron will be pretty shìt, and it’s not that far fetched a concept.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I had mine yesterday morning, 2 xAZ 1x Pz I’ve felt horrendous ever since, every joint in my body is aching, my hearts has been racing since yesterday lunchtime, and all of a sudden I get out of breath quickly.
It can’t be any coincidence I was absolutely fine before my appointment.
I certainly won’t be having a forth one.

Sounds awful but could be mild taste of what contracting Covid might be like ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here