Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Away Games or Home Games Preference ??

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Getting to the stage now that I prefer away games as it's actually fans that want to support the team and create an atmosphere rather than home games where the atmosphere has sadly died a death this season it seems.
The best atmosphere we have had was Man City and there were only 8,000 of us there.
I've no idea how to do a poll but feel free for someone to carry it out.

Thoughts please.

Sent from my CPH2195 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I prefer home games.

I have been to many away games in all divisions but these days I’m not a fan of travelling. I can’t be doing with spending hours on a train or coach to watch a football match, I definitely would not drive.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I thought the atmosphere was decent yesterday, which is normal when the team are playing that well.

The booing at the end soured that somewhat.

pocketseagull

Dec 29, 2014
I'll say this, the first away game I went to was against Palace with the Knockaert winner and no joke I could barely speak for the next week.

That was incredible.

That said, the Amex is our home and when on song it's a great stadium. Just need the results to match.

Wokeworrier

Aug 7, 2021
West sussex/travelling
Away games are generally more fun, hardcore support with an element of jeopardy but it's a bit of a false comparison as no clubs home atmosphere generally matches the noise created by the away following.

Getting to the stage now that I prefer away games as it's actually fans that want to support the team and create an atmosphere rather than home games where the atmosphere has sadly died a death this season it seems.
The best atmosphere we have had was Man City and there were only 8,000 of us there.

Thoughts please.

I agree in some respects. Love going to The Amex as it's our home and an incredible stadium, but away is better support and the hardcore element is there, plus you don't get so many twats telling you how to watch a match or whining for making noise.

I'm getting fed up with getting looks for shouting swearing or try to start chants in the North. There are some absolute wet flannels in there and don't get me started with those who bring children into the NS and then complain about the choice of language.

We get quite a few singing near us for example and then these gimpy idiots behind to the right just start a completely different chant and then it dies a death. Sometimes, when they do join in, so does most of the North Stand and it sounds great.

It just seems though that there's a section in the middle and to the left who just don't seem to want to support the team. They'd rather sit there in silence with their bovril. Tw*ts.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I've only been to a couple of away games over the years, but they're always great fun regardless of the result. As others have said, it's just for the hardcore, proper fans who want to chant and make the day enjoyable.
Really looking forward to Southampton away next weekend, let's hope we an come away with more than a draw.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I prefer home games.

I have been to many away games in all divisions but these days I’m not a fan of travelling. I can’t be doing with spending hours on a train or coach to watch a football match, I definitely would not drive.

All of this, l used to enjoy my away days, but the older l get the less l can be bothered, I haven't been away since a visit to Birmingham City in our promotion season 2016/17.

The OP mentioned that the atmosphere at home games has died. Has it? I can't say l've generally noticed too much of a difference.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Away atmospheres will always be better, people are more up for it and it’s all part of going somewhere else and taking the piss whilst showing a good account for your support. Of course most of those that attend any games typically will be long standing supporters who have seen it all.

I am in the west upper near the north and occasionally we have a bit of signing up there but not very often. Albiiiiion or We are Brighton are the only two that people around me seem to know or want to join in with

Saying that, being that close to the North it doesn’t sound particularly loud other the above chants. People often mention the stadium design but doesn’t the away end have the same structural dynamics?

Maybe it’s because I am not directly in the north but it doesn’t ever seem to be in unison to be effective. Every at Gillingham with 2,000 behind the goal was seemingly louder.

What can be done about it though?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX

Thoughts please.

This season I completely agree. The ground being so empty for home games doesn't help.

The City game was exceptional in the WSL, great atmosphere.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This season I completely agree. The ground being so empty for home games doesn't help.

The City game was exceptional in the WSL, great atmosphere.

The ground is hardly empty! Yes the actual attendences are way below the announced pretences just lately, but there are still plenty of fans there to make enough noise . . . should they want to of course.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
The ground is hardly empty! Yes the actual attendences are way below the announced pretences just lately, but there are still plenty of fans there to make enough noise . . . should they want to of course.

I think you underestimate just how many empty seats there are scattered around most parts of the ground. The Leeds game was very sparse in some areas, we moved seats to sit with others and had free picks across many rows.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here