Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He is so much stronger on the ball and can now hold off defenders. There was a moment in the second half where he had a defender trying to wrestle him off the ball but stood firm and won a free kick.

Player of the season so far for me and hope it continues as boy do we need his creativity and goals at the moment

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Which league are you referring to? Not the Premier League for sure. He's good but I wouldn't put him alongside Salah, Mane or Mahrez quite yet.

Beside world class forwards he'll thrive.

Jota at Wolves was quality imho, the moment he played with Salah and Mane he fitted in straight away.

Last edited:

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Unfortunately he's going to be our next big sale.
I would think clubs much bigger than Brighton will be currently adding Trossard to their wish list.
He's turning into Eden Hazard type of quality minus the sick note.
£60 million?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Good in every single game this season and is now at the level where he could be interesting to pretty much any club.

Contract running out in 2023 so probably needs to be sold after the season. Should be a nice profit... and difficult to replace.

Maybe we should try to keep him...? or is that a ridiculous thought?

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I would think clubs much bigger than Brighton will be currently adding Trossard to their wish list.
£60 million?

At least that - very few players around with his ability in that position.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Maybe we should try to keep him...? or is that a ridiculous thought?

It is quickly heading into "ridiculous" territory. He is 27 in a couple of days, if he signs a new long contract with Brighton he is unlikely to ever get a big fat long contract with a big fat club. And I get the feeling he doesnt consider Brighton his final destination, he is just too good for that.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
It is quickly heading into "ridiculous" territory. He is 27 in a couple of days, if he signs a new long contract with Brighton he is unlikely to ever get a big fat long contract with a big fat club. And I get the feeling he doesnt consider Brighton his final destination, he is just too good for that.

Yeah, you are probably right. He did say on his first interview here that his goal was to get to a 'big' club one day! He's good enough. Took him a year or more to bulk up, then to improve consistency. He's there now.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
His footwork is exceptional and way too good for us. Credit to him for continually trying given the ineptitude of those around him at times.

Expect to seem him playing UCL next season, or top 6 PL.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
£60 million?

Fortunately there are many players who could take his place.

Sarmiento, Richards, Moder, MacAllister, Mwepu, Khadra are some of the candidates for his No.10 position role.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Lovely player to watch now. I assume the boo boys will convince him to sign. Nothing makes players want to commit to a club than being booed off after dominating Leeds. Potter is fed up with the boos and I imagine the players are too. Let’s hope for some better atmospheres and some cheering them off and he signs a new deal. This could be our best season because tross and bissouma are two key men and can leave for nothing in 2023. Not good.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Always liked him even when inconsistent. Let's all continue to value him when his current form dips as it does for all. Talking of which and a bit off topic, it looks like Sanchez may be emerging after his dip in form.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
£60 million?

Like Barcelona for example? Fortunately they just don't have the cash right now.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
The only thing Locadia should be covering for is the bloke who presses play on the pre match songs.

I'm not sure I'd trust him with the stylus on my turntable. :rolleyes:

Trossard has been superb of late, just imagine if he had a proven finisher to share the ball with. . . . .???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here