Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Trossard

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
1. Isn't he just ****ing brilliant? He's always had it in him, but his hit to miss ratio was the wrong way round. He's sorted that out, playing consistently with confidence and giving opposing defences a real headache game after game.

2. That run late on in the game where it looked like he'd decided that if we were going to win the match, he was going to have to do it all by himself. He laid the ball off in the end, which was probably the right thing to do, but I'd have loved to see him to continue to jink around them, open up a shooting opportunity and slot it home.

Particularly pleasing because I bumped into a Burnley fan today, when walking the dog in the morning, who told me Trossard was shit and shouldn't be playing for Belgium.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Good in every single game this season and is now at the level where he could be interesting to pretty much any club.

Contract running out in 2023 so probably needs to be sold after the season. Should be a nice profit... and difficult to replace.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's his birthday on Saturday and I intend to be marking the event with a substantial curry paid for with some of the proceeds of my tenner on him being first goalscorer.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
A wonderful, wonderful player. His ability on the ball is on another level to nearly every other player in the league. His strength on the ball, close control and quick feet are just sublime.

It’s a joy to watch him play every week at the moment.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Along with Lamptey he was my player of the match, now if only some of the others in midfield and up front could try and achieve that same level of skill we might score.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Good in every single game this season and is now at the level where he could be interesting to pretty much any club.

Contract running out in 2023 so probably needs to be sold after the season. Should be a nice profit... and difficult to replace.

The thought of selling Trossard and being able to replace his impact and goals given our track record in that department terrifies me!!

zamora the merrier

Mar 1, 2009
Consistency is the key. Before he might play like that 1 match in 7 now it is week in week out. Love watching him and his jinking runs always trying to make something happen. As previous poster said imagine what he could be like with decent forward players around him rather than what he has now

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
One of the best players to have ever played for the club.

How many years left on his contract? I hope it's at least two as that would mean we will get at least one more season out of him.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Some are not going to like this but.....

A slight criticism I have is I think he slows us down some times and holds on to the ball, with his fancy footwork, for too long around the 18 yard box.

Few times last night he could have played in Cuccurella or Lamptey, but held on to it and the attack broke down.

Can't knock him on anything else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here