Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Belenenses v Benfica

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So Belenenses come down with Covid yet the Portuguese FA insist Belenenses play the game anyway.

The match starts and they take to the field (against one of the giants of the game in that country) with nine players, two of whom are goalkeepers. The score got to 7-0 around half time before Belenenses simply gave up and the match has now been abandoned.

Someone tell me how the f##k the Portuguese FA ever thought insisting the game go ahead was the sensible thing to do? Twunts

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Shame Núñez was hitting an illegitimate hat-trick in Portugal when there were more than enough chances for him to do the same for us at the Amex this evening instead if only he’d signed. [emoji17]

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Something tells me we'd have clung onto 0-0 irrespective of which team we replaced. :jester: :lol:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIY4Bcek3I4
Belenenses were robbed. Two VAR desicions that went against them. An own goal. But great line up of 6:2:0
A case of history repeating itself (Was it Sheff v WBA when they had less than 8 on the pitch?)
Second half only 7 players came out due to a further 2 injuries and when a further player went down injured and had to go off that left only 6 on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here