Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away kits

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Watching from the WSU I also struggled to tell the difference between the two teams until I realised that Leeds were the ones that were utter rubbish and we were the ones who couldn't score. Yellow Bibs should have been issued.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Chelsea v Man U showing the footballing world how it should be done today. You just can’t beat all blue shirts against all red shirts. An aesthetic wonder to behold.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Interesting comments that saw the colour as light blue and violet/Lilac.

some DULLARD's podcast did a feature on the issues for colour blind folk and the varying shades of away/third kits.

I am colour blind, myself and have trouble with certain shades.
I didn't have any issue yesterday though, as the stripes, or lack of, tended to give the player's team away, for me.

I did however comment that it was odd that the Ref's kit was incredibly similar to our keeper's.
I thought there was some ruling about that?
Maybe not.

Admittedly no one is going to mistake the weasel that is Craig Pawson, for Super Bobby Sanchez.
So no harm was done.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I have seen similar comments elsewhere, but just don't understand them, I had no difficulty seeing the colour difference either at the ground or why watching the recording of the game at home.

If there was an issue, then the referee would have stepped in before the game started.

Eye tests for all on Monday.

Nothing to do with traditional quality of eyesight... I can read a sign from a kilometer away but people see colours differently, there's a lot of variation in that. I was also confused for short moments yesterday despite my hawklike eyes.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Football kit clashes is something I just do not understand and really winds me up (I know... I need to get out more). It should not happen at all. I am coming to the view that laws are needed similar to the overly-prescriptive rules FIFA bought in at the South Africa world cup.

There are too many games with 'similar' colours playing, and far too many kit clashes for colour blind people (apparently around 8% of fans have some sort of colour blindness).

Also, a pet peeve at the moment is referees wearing the same colour shirt as goalies, which I have spotted a couple of times this season. No excuse for it - I notice Arsenal have got around that by having their away shirt as a back-up alternative for goalies last season and this season

My rules would be:
- All teams must have a predominantly 'light' kit
- All teams must have a predominantly 'dark' kit
- Where clashes cannot be avoided (usually down to team like us that play in stripes at home), the away team must provide a one-off kit or wear a kit from a previous season.

I wasn't really affected by the clash on TV, however I can see how others' were.

The bottom line is that kit clashes should not be a barrier to supporters watching (or indeed playing) sport.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Liverpool away kit this evening.

Take note BHA and shove your minty freshenss crapulence where the sun don't shine

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Liverpool away kit this evening.

Take note BHA and shove your minty freshenss crapulence where the sun don't shine

What? The Ronald McDonald kit? That’s the reason there are stars on the shirt.

9A6D6AFF-5338-47E3-B399-16637AD35202.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here