Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds - worst team at the AMEX this season?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Marginally worse than Newcastle for me. Bielsa seems to have run out of ideas. So open from the first minute. Against an Albion with a half decent striker we would have been 3-0 up after 30 minutes. If they carry on like that they will be looking at a battle to stay up. Was really surprised how poor they were.

ps) yes I know we failed to beat Newcastle and Leeds, but we all know why this is!!!

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
Marginally worse than Newcastle for me. Bielsa seems to have run out of ideas. So open from the first minute. Against an Albion with a half decent striker we would have been 3-0 up after 30 minutes. If they carry on like that they will be looking at a battle to stay up. Was really surprised how poor they were.

ps) yes I know we failed to beat Newcastle and Leeds, but we all know why this is!!!

Got to agree with you there. Leeds were very poor. We should have been out of sight by half time.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
They were absolutely woeful. No pattern of play, regularly giving the ball back to us and even their one top player in Raphinha barely got a kick.

The only thing worse than their performance is realising we were unable to score against them.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They did seem pretty toothless. They knew they'd been told to counter-attack but had no real idea how to go about it. They don't really have the players to do it without posh boy Bamford

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
We made them look poor.

Simple as that.

Credit where credit's due.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Don't get this "Leeds are a great team to watch" bull. They're a bunch of dirty feckers who displayed diving so obvious even Sean Dyche would wince at his team doing it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Potter completely outthought Bielsa again but our forward players couldn’t turn the superiority into the absolute thrashing they should have got. I really feel for GP, how long will he feel loyal to the project?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Leeds were so appalling I'm really pleased and very surprised with the point we took from them.

Jul 7, 2003
Heard some of their fans talking after the game about it being their worst performance of the season and lucky to get a point

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
They’ve probably got good enough players to stay up but I think they’ll be close to the relegation zone. You can see why Bielsa usually doesn’t stay anywhere for long as it’s hard to sustain his style of football.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
They reminded me of Rotherham. I can't recall any other team regularly kicking the ball so inaccurately. That makes the 0-0 even more annoying. Oh, drew 1-1 with Rotherham.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
They were so bad they looked more like scoring than we did.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Yes. I thought they were awful. Reminded me of Wimbledon when they were in the top flight. Couldn't pass, just hoofed the ball and most of the time it went out of play. We were superior to them in every respect, but still couldn't win. Hugely frustrating.

But the media loves them. Why????

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If they were that bad, we were on their level.

No score, no win.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Potter completely outthought Bielsa again but our forward players couldn’t turn the superiority into the absolute thrashing they should have got. I really feel for GP, how long will he feel loyal to the project?

Long.

He doesnt have as short memory as some... Still only something around six years ago when he went on 12h car trips to scout some sixth tier player in Sweden because they couldnt afford scouts and 24h journeys to away games, sleeping at some shabby motel because the club couldnt afford more than that, while leaving his bored wife & young kids home alone. And before that playing in League Two not knowing if your next salary was going to come or not. He is a humble man and I think he knows the difficulties of running a football club, including aquiring players that are good enough for the very best level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here