Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Brighton - Leeds

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Best performance of the season... unfortunately only one point.

Rob Sanchez 7 - not too much to do but did everything he should and a little more

Lewis Dunk 8 - comfortable at the back, several good interceptions

Adam Webster 8 - very nice playmaking from him today. One or two scares doesnt take anything away from that.

Joel Veltman 8 - safe and resolute, covered well for Lamptey allowing him to go forward

Tariq Lamptey 8 - close to a 9, fantastic in the first half but got a little tired as the game went on. It is ****ing wonderful to have him back though.

Pascal Gross 7 - poor set pieces today but unusually productive in the open play and won a lot of balls in midfield

Yves Bissouma 7 - had less to do which is the only reason for his lower-than-usual grade. Did well.

Marc Cucurella 8 - removed Raphina from the game and made many good runs. Defensively his best performance so far.

Jakub Moder 7 - best game in a while, makes some mistakes but good runs and some aerial presence.

Leandro Trossard 8 - maybe a bit generous as he fell off a bit in the second half but excellent in the first half and always a threat these days. Inconsistency is gone.

Neal Maupay 6 - need to score that first chance, no way around it. But Brighton playing a more direct and intentful football with him on the pitch is not random - he makes himself playable and links up well. Good performance but the missed chances... hurts.

Jurgen Locadia 5 - very meh

Solly March 6 - hit and miss

Jeremy Sarmiento n/a - didnt play enough to get a rating, but had a nice run and it was good to see him.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Sanchez 8
Dunk 7
Webster 6
Veltman 6
Cucurella 8
Lamptey 8
Moder 6
Trossard 8
Bissouma 6
Gross 6
Maupay 6

Locadia 4
March 7
Sarmiento 7

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Sanchez 8
Dunk 7
Webster 6
Veltman 6
Cucurella 8
Lamptey 8
Moder 6
Trossard 8
Bissouma 6
Gross 6
Maupay 6

Locadia 4
March 7
Sarmiento 7

Exactly how I saw it, to a man.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Sanchez - 7.5

Veltman - 8
Webster - 7.5
Dunk - 7

Lamptey - 8.5
Gross - 6 - his set pieces drive me mad!
Bissouma - 7.5
Moder - 7
Cucurella - 9 - MOM

Trossard - 8
Maupay - 5

Locadia - 4 - competition winner
March - 7
Sarmiento - n/a

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Sanchez 8
Veltman 8
Dunk 7
Webster 6
Lamptey 9
Cucurella 8
Gross 6
Moder 7
Bissouma 7.5
Trossard 9
Maupay 3

Locadia 5
March 6
Sarmiento 7

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Thought it was one of Bissouma's poorer games for us so 5 at best. Maupay also a 5 along with treacle toes
MOM was Lamptey allnight long and I would guess they were mightily relieved when he was pulled
The rest were 6 to 8s

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Maupay had a bad game, which was a shame.
Webster and Gross didn't have a good game
Others were alright
Lamptey, Cucurella and Trossard were good.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Sanchez - 7
Lamptey - 8
Webster - 7
Dunk - 7
Veltman - 7
Cucurella - 9
Bissouma. - 6
Gross - 6
Moder - 6
Trossard - 8
Maupay - 5

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Goodness me Locadia better than Maupay, have a word with yourself.

Which player cost us victory with two poor misses. One being a complete sitter. Body position all wrong and abysmal technique. Locadia was poor too, but which one most adversely impacted the game for us.

Or put it another way; Maupay was shit for 65 minutes, Locadia for 25.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sanchez 7
Dunk 6
Webster 6
Veltman 6
Cucurella 8
Lamptey 8
Moder 6
Trossard 8
Bissouma 5
Gross 5
Maupay 5

Locadia 3
March 7
Sarmiento 7

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Sanchez - 7 - Made one decent save. Apart from that must have been cold as had very little to do. One scorching pass out to Cuccerella

Veltman 7 - Offered less attacking-wise that the other two, but calmly effective at the back
Dunk - 8 - Untroubled all afternoon
Webster - 6 - A very Webster performance. Some terrific driving runs, a few lovely passes into midfield and some near catastrophic blunders
Cucurella - 7 - Terrific outlet for us. Great in possession and strong in the challenge. Better than anything they had.

Gross - 5 - First instinct to go backwards too often. Mediocre today
Bissouma - 8 - Gave a few away, but his lung busting runs and crazy long tackling legs were back in evidence today. Great to see.

Lamptey - 9 - MOM - Caused carnage whenever he ran at them and produced quality delivery on every occasion he crossed. Faded a little which cost him a 10.
Moder - 5 - Decent player, but can't finish well enough to play in this advanced position. Put him alongside Biss
Trossard - 9 - A man with supreme confidence. Gave the Leeds defence huge problems and took our only decent shot out of the 20 or so we had. Very good.
Maupay - 3 - A man with no confidence. Poor out of the box as well. Didn't hold it up or challenge in the air. His shot over the South Stand bar, after the whistle had gone summed up his evening. Desperate

Locadia - 3 - We've just wasted the chance to give Tolaj or Ferguson the best half an hour of development they could ever have.
March - 6 - Got an ok shot away, fluffed another which nearly went in. At least made an impact.
Sarmiento - 5 - Would like to have seen the lad for longer, but looks direct

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
After that have some sympathy for Potter 3 easy chances and couldnt put one away. Thought our defence looked better without Duffy and 2 full backs

Sanchez 7 Couple of good saves but does give me the jitters.
Veltman 7 Good game
Dunk 7 Good game but wish he would pass it forward more
Webster 8 Defended well and often showed our midfielders how to run forward with ball
Cucurela 7 Good game. Treated defensive duties first and got forward when he could
Bissouma 6 Not a bad game but not at level we know he can be
Moder 6 Much better but lacked quality when forward
Gross 4 Just very average surprised not replaced by Lalana
Lamptey 7 Because of speed always great to watch, Rather than a winger prefer him attacking from deeper
Trossard 9 Outstanding best player on pitch.
Maupay 3 Marked up because he got in position to score. Thank goodness an offside was given when he missed his third chance because that was down right embarrassing

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Best performance of the season... unfortunately only one point.

Rob Sanchez 7 - not too much to do but did everything he should and a little more

Lewis Dunk 8 - comfortable at the back, several good interceptions

Adam Webster 8 - very nice playmaking from him today. One or two scares doesnt take anything away from that.

Joel Veltman 8 - safe and resolute, covered well for Lamptey allowing him to go forward

Tariq Lamptey 8 - close to a 9, fantastic in the first half but got a little tired as the game went on. It is ****ing wonderful to have him back though.

Pascal Gross 7 - poor set pieces today but unusually productive in the open play and won a lot of balls in midfield

Yves Bissouma 7 - had less to do which is the only reason for his lower-than-usual grade. Did well.

Marc Cucurella 8 - removed Raphina from the game and made many good runs. Defensively his best performance so far.

Jakub Moder 7 - best game in a while, makes some mistakes but good runs and some aerial presence.

Leandro Trossard 8 - maybe a bit generous as he fell off a bit in the second half but excellent in the first half and always a threat these days. Inconsistency is gone.

Neal Maupay 6 - need to score that first chance, no way around it. But Brighton playing a more direct and intentful football with him on the pitch is not random - he makes himself playable and links up well. Good performance but the missed chances... hurts.

Jurgen Locadia 5 - very meh

Solly March 6 - hit and miss

Jeremy Sarmiento n/a - didnt play enough to get a rating, but had a nice run and it was good to see him.

Pretty much as I saw it but Webster had a poor second half so not an 8 for me - didn’t get the space Leeds afforded him to run into in the first half and gave away possession a few times. Lamptey was signalling to the bench after 55 mins so no surprise he faded a bit and came off.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Sanchez 7.5
Dunk 5.5 our distribution from CB today was timid & frankly awful
Webster 5.5 see above
Veltman 7.5
Cucurella 7
Lamptey 7.5
Moder 6
Trossard 7
Bissouma 6
Gross 6
Maupay 6

Locadia 5
March 6
Sarmiento 6.5

I thought Leeds were laughably bad. With a confident Maupay & a midfield interested in shooting (except Biss, who shouldn't be allowed) we could've had 10

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
6 is average

Spanish Bob - 6. Virtually nothing to do then made one very good save.
Veltman - 7. Excellent today. An upgrade on Duffy, sorry Shane.
Webster - 7. Some excellent runs forward which stretches teams and means they break their shape.
Dunk - 6. I thought by his own standards he wasn’t quite at it today.
Cuccurella - 7. An 8 in the 1st half a 6 in the second. He gives us such great balance.
Lamptey- 8. Unplayable in the 1st half. Tired in the 2nd. One reason we need to sort out the striker issue is to have a chance of keeping him.
Gros - 6. I thought he was lucky to keep his place after Villa but he did ok today, set pieces are not good enough though.
Bissouma - 6. Again by his high standards that was quite average, still one of the best players on the pitch though.
Moder - 7. I thought he was excel for 70 mins then ran out of steam. He’s deceptively quick. Skied two good chances though.
Trossard - 8. Outstanding in patches today, player of the season so far.
Maupay - 6. He made a real difference. Runs his socks off and makes space for Trossard and others. Unfortunately he is paid to score goals and the 2 misses in the 1st half probably cost is 2 points.

Locadia - 5. Ridiculous sub. Offers nothing. Weakened us.
March - 6. Did ok, runs at players, almost won it.
Sarmiento- 6. I’m glad he was given a go. Looks a prospect.

Potter - 6. 8 for the initial team selection and 4 for his subs. For the second Saturday in a row I thought he got the subs wrong. He killed Maupay taking him off, he has to let him play through this.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
From a recording of the game.

Trossard and Lamptey fantastic. Post match Redknapp and Beckford were drooling over them. Lamptey created 5 chances ….. Alexander-Arnold numbers.

Gross was poor. The normally positive Cantor on Radio Sussex, said in both halves that Leeds were going past him for fun. Our clear weakspot.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Really surprised at the low ratings for Gross. If others could finish he would have had two or three assists. His decision making in the box is still excellent.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really surprised at the low ratings for Gross. If others could finish he would have had two or three assists. His decision making in the box is still excellent.

Well some people had Moder as a 5, and at times he thought he was excellent, 7 or above in my book. Always funny how differently some see the game. (when I say differently I mean incorrectly…).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here