Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Boo Boys.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Absolutely shameful that anyone would have the brass neck to boo that performance. I was embarrassed when I heard that at the final whistle.

We (the fans) were embarrassing, no passion from us at all and very little noise at any point..

The team and Potter were entitled to line up together and boo us at the end, not the other way around..

Gutted.

figgis

Mar 23, 2012
Worthing
Considering the Boos were loud at the final whistle when so called other fans have been sprinting outside to get the park and ride these people are entitled to their opinion. Unfortunately the nsc posters mainly think they are special super supporters.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"The fans are entitled to their opinions but I disagree with them. You have to understand the game, who we played and what we did. We are sitting eighth in the Premier League but maybe I need a history lesson on this club.

We will continue to play with the same level of courage and bravery going forward. But for today we have to take the point and the clean sheet.

I really enjoyed the performance, really enjoyed the team, thought they were fantastic - I am a little bit perplexed to the reaction in the crowd at the end because the performance was fantastic against a team that like to dominate possession, like to out-run you, they didn't do that today.

If we are going to be self-critical, we probably need to score, but that's life and it can happen in football - the effort, the performance, the quality is there, we have to maintain that level and if we do that we'll get wins."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/football/58669276

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I was there and didn't hear booing?! Muted, understandably, but can't have been more than a handful of idiots who booed?? I don't think I'm going that deaf just yet...

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
Absolutely shameful that anyone would have the brass neck to boo that performance. I was embarrassed when I heard that at the final whistle.

We (the fans) were embarrassing, no passion from us at all and very little noise at any point..

The team and Potter were entitled to line up together and boo us at the end, not the other way around..

Gutted.

This tbh, as fans we're awful. Like playing in a morgue, got to be the worst atmosphere in the league, apart from maybe the Emirates. Away days are much better, also less pressure.

D

Deleted member 2719

You've posted 2 shitty comments about Locadia on 2 threads. He made a couple of decent runs but was not passed to. I even watched him chase a Leeds player from his forward position when everyone else just watched. In those 10-15mins there were no goalscoring chances for him to go for.

I generally never knock an individual player, but IMO he came on and was sluggish and rocking on his heels and not his toes, which I thought he should now that he was given a chance.

He is on his last strike for me.

The rest of the team seems more together IMO.

I hope he proves me wrong should he get any more minutes.

When he chased a Leeds player down was that after he did gain control and lost it? I don't recall that passage otherwise.

Back on topic, were you happy that people booed that performance?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
So by booing them all as a team we will score more and concede less?

Of course, it won't. I think the only defence I can give them is they were lashed up and think we should be beating teams like leeds. It's still no defence really though....is it.

By booing (and it wasn't me, btw) you are letting your feelings known. If we all clapped and cheered the fact we disagreed with something the world would be a bland place.

Wether he disagrees with it or not, GP knows that there are fans who aren't happy with the fact we should be putting the ball in the back of the net. Every other element of our play is good. Really good. Top-6 quality. However, our front line is extremely frustrating.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
He is not the Messiah, he won’t be solving the scoring problem without the tools. What he has done with the tools he has is fecking phenomenal. Outside the bottom three will be a result come season’s end with what he has to work with up front
Hasn't he said he's happy with the squad he's got?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I have and never will boo our team, I’ve tutted, I’ve shaken my head, I’ve even swore as another bad pass goes astray, or shot reaches row z….
But never boo, especially considering we are probably playing the best football we ever have in our history, obviously there is a missing piece in the jigsaw that needs filling, boy I look forward to that day, but boo never, ever…..

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
"If we are going to be self-critical, we probably need to score, ."

Understatement of the year. I didn’t boo and don’t support those that did but banging on about how well we played when we drew 0-0 at home to Leeds doesn’t help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 2719

By booing (and it wasn't me, btw) you are letting your feelings known. If we all clapped and cheered the fact we disagreed with something the world would be a bland place.

Wether he disagrees with it or not, GP knows that there are fans who aren't happy with the fact we should be putting the ball in the back of the net. Every other element of our play is good. Really good. Top-6 quality. However, our front line is extremely frustrating.

So will booing them improve the team as a whole when they know that the vast majority of them played every Leeds player off the park and Potter also made Bielsa look depressed.

It was bizarre and counterproductive IMO.

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
I generally never knock an individual player, but IMO he came on and was sluggish and rocking on his heels and not his toes, which I thought he should now that he was given a chance.

He is on his last strike for me.

The rest of the team seems more together IMO.

I hope he proves me wrong should he get any more minutes.

When he chased a Leeds player down was that after he did gain control and lost it? I don't recall that passage otherwise.

Back on topic, were you happy that people booed that performance?

I think they're an absolute bunch of bellends.

Dominated in defence, dominated in midfield, dia in the box. But far far far from a performance worthy of booing.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Obviously he could have said "my strikers are shit" but as he is trying to help the team rather than send it to the Championship, he decided not to.

The accepted way of saying it is "we are aware of areas of the team we are looking to strengthen". By saying outright "we aren't looking for anyone" he is explicitly saying he is happy with the quality of our strikers. Which is, while admirable for not putting TB under pressure, frankly not what the fans want to hear when our strikers are basically sub-par.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here