Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS Tony Bloom

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Are they meant to be any better? Ings & Wilson, horrific injury records - £30M+ and Villa wages for Ings (100k a week), Edouard ????,

I’d take all of them over Locadia and Connolly. Plus they’d be in a better overall team.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Hopefully Welbeck back from injury soon. & I’d rather Ferguson or Tolaj got given a go than Locadia plays another minute.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Its so strange is almost embarrassing now. We need a striker and we spunk millions on a CB...what is the clubs issue in winning games?

Agree Mwepu seems a good signing but couldn't we have used the £20 m he cost with wages to pay a bit more for someone who could put the ball in the net and not rely on Welbeck's injury record.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
When you look at who others have signed…

Watkins, Adams, Edouard, Ings. There’s 4 we didn’t buy.

And one division lower are loads worth a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The frustrating thing is it would be more understandable if other clubs weren't signing strikers either, but the fact is they are. The likes of Adams, Ings, Edouard, Wilson etc. have all moved clubs in recent windows yet we've seemingly decided we're better off shopping in below par foreign leagues, meaning we've ended up with the likes of Ali J, Locadia and Andone, or relied on a clearly not yet ready kid in Connolly. Welbeck was the sort of striker we need, and even he was to paper over the cracks after we failed in a previous summer to sign anyone.

If our recruitment team can't do the job, find one which can. If the budget is the issue then be honest about it and stop pushing the ridiculous "top 10" idea because we really aren't doing it on a budget.

Are you talking about Che Adams or..?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
FFS why are people making stupid remarks like this about someone who's spent about £200M, give or take a few dozen millions, on this club?

He has also received over 500 million and publicly said top ten is the aim :shrug:

That doesn’t come cheap

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Its not even necessarily about splashing big money on a marque signing, at the very least we needed some competition for places up front and to give the manager a few more options. Instead we pretty much have one recognised striker, a sicknote with a history of never playing and a player who failed to score in the MLS! Its been a huge mistake by the club going in to another season without rectifying this...surely everyone can see this??!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm as frustrated as you are but that is an utterly pointless statement. A 'Premier League quality striker' is, by definition, a striker currently playing in the PL and scoring goals.

So which one is it you are suggesting Tony Bloom just lifts and shifts to Brighton? Salah? Mane? Ronaldo? :shrug:

Is that in the fire fighting training manual?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I’d take all of them over Locadia and Connolly. Plus they’d be in a better overall team.

Connolly can’t be part of the discussion with those in my opinion, he’s still only 22

Agreed on Locadia, but again to many expensive recruitment mistakes in the past are holding us back

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Its been a huge mistake by the club going in to another season without rectifying this...surely everyone can see this??!

£67M losses. How much do you think we should be losing in order to be more competitive ?

Perhaps Portsmouth model is the way to go

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Connolly can’t be part of the discussion with those in my opinion, he’s still only 22

Agreed on Locadia, but again to many expensive recruitment mistakes in the past are holding us back

The thing is Connolly is one of our first team strikers so has to be. I personally think he should be in the Championship finding his way, but he’s not so has to be included.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The thing is Connolly is one of our first team strikers so has to be. I personally think he should be in the Championship finding his way, but he’s not so has to be included.

But he’s not - he’s young enough to not be named, and technically could still be in the U23s. And he’s not making the squad anyway so he’s hardly taking up a space

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

And was free!!!

Had the club not been so piss poor when it comes to striker recruitment.
AC might have completed his apprenticeship through the leagues and arrived in the first team squad a much more complete striker.

Another example of 'saving money' costing a fortune.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Clearly someone that’s sits at home behind a keyboard and never travels up and down the country spending your hard earned money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is some bloke in Sweden hammering away at the keys!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Its not even necessarily about splashing big money on a marque signing, at the very least we needed some competition for places up front and to give the manager a few more options. Instead we pretty much have one recognised striker, a sicknote with a history of never playing and a player who failed to score in the MLS! Its been a huge mistake by the club going in to another season without rectifying this...surely everyone can see this??!

The whole footballing world can see our continual failings in the final third. Including Tony Bloom. ESPECIALLY Tony Bloom. If he fails to address those failings, then it's clearly a conscious decision for whatever reason :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He has also received over 500 million and publicly said top ten is the aim :shrug:

That doesn’t come cheap

Who has 'received' £500M? Earned it or been given it or loaned it? And who has had the £500M?

FFS Tony Bloom - we need a proper owner who is committed to this club, eh? :facepalm:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The whole footballing world can see our continual failings in the final third. Including Tony Bloom. ESPECIALLY Tony Bloom. If he fails to address it, then it's clearly a conscious decision for whatever reason :shug:

I keep posting this. £67M losses. Maybe we should just go for it - another £10M or so of losses won’t hurt.

We’re turning into the exact same fan base we hated when we were in league one sat piss wet at the Withdean. We have premier league football, we are competing well and we are losing huge amounts of money and we are still not happy.

Sad times where we forget where we have come from

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He is some bloke in Sweden hammering away at the keys!

Clearly someone that’s sits at home behind a keyboard and never travels up and down the country spending your hard earned money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If some ****ing numpty from Sweden is able to acknowledge was TB has done and is doing for the club then imagine the level of stupidity, greed and self-entitlement you need to have as a local to want him gone just because your fancy-schmancy £50m striker hasnt arrived yet.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here