Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS Tony Bloom

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wilful refusal to learn is another question, though. I just hope the construction worker in question takes more care of details in his/her work than he/she does when writing.

When there is a thread asking for advice on electrical problems, he seems more than happy to answer questions and try to help……maybe some need to remember this when they are looking down their noses at skilled tradespeople for making a small spelling or grammar error on a football forum. :thumbsup:

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
No. Do you realise how silly you look defending basic errors as if getting it wrong (and not wanting to learn) is some kind of badge of honour? 'Could of' and 'Houghton' have both been called out many times on NSC - many people have taken those comments on board, learned, and moved on. Are you saying one blatant error is acceptable to call out, the other is not?

Good luck with putting together a plausible case for that one mate!

This is a pretty narrow minded view of the world. There are plenty of neurobiological disorders that affect the ability of people to write and spell and their use of grammar and punctuation such as Dyslexia and Dysgraphia. There are other conditions that affect someones ability to learn.

Around 10% of the UK Population have Dyslexia and a lot of people probably won't have been diagnosed. So have you stopped to think that the people that you are belittling as being 'unwilling to learn' might have been struggling with this sort of stuff their whole life and through no fault of their own?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Pulling people up on spelling or grammar is a pretty cringeworthy look.

Engage with what they're trying to say. You have no idea about the person or their background or whether there's an underlying cause or whether or not they're posting in a hurry and have no time to proof read

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not having ago, phrases like let’s give so and so a chance scream of we are never getting out of small time mentality to me, players should of been recruited for this season weaker areas in the squad strengthened. Here we are half way into the season and we’ve got to the stage of let’s give someone else a go just isn’t that professional is it?

Saturday’s back lash is also riddled with small time mentality when things don’t go to plan people attached to the club get defensive and bash on about what happened near on 30 years ago. We either want to be a professional PL club or just visitors for a few seasons I really wish they would make up their minds.

Potter also jumped straight on the defensive not saying he should call out his players in public although a bit of honesty wouldn’t go a miss. His teams finishing is woeful own it work on it and move on. The silly history lesson isn’t deflecting from the elephant in the room.

people make the absurd deduction that the club don't know what they are doing and that anyone (no names provided) could do a better job and that any striker (some names provided, such as old Bournmouth lags who have no better, or a worse record than what we already have) would improve the team and that rather than having the best squad and highest league position in history (what is history, after all, other than today's chip wrapper) we would be better off back in the third division where we might at least hoof our way to more frequent victories.

Yes, yes. Yes. We all know we need a decent striker. You came up with two names. I explained why they would be daft punts. And so?

Recruitment isn't easy when you are a low-end EPL club with no history, no traditions, no trophies and no global fan base. It is difficult. Hard, in fact.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Pulling people up on spelling or grammar is a pretty cringeworthy look.

Engage with what they're trying to say. You have no idea about the person or their background or whether there's an underlying cause or whether or not they're posting in a hurry and have no time to proof read

This really. Some bizarre posts about spelling and grammar on here. Some people are not able to just moan in their head and carry on they have to "correct "others constantly. This is a forum where people bang out quick responses often when on the bus or when on the laptop while doing other things. This isn't a dissertation for marking. I do try to proof read but I've got a dodgy keyboard with a couple of faulty keys and I've got big fingers and also in a rush I might type your instead of you're! I know it's a mistake I don't need some tit pointing it out.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This really. Some bizarre posts about spelling and grammar on here. Some people are not able to just moan in their head and carry on they have to "correct "others constantly. This is a forum where people bang out quick responses often when on the bus or when on the laptop while doing other things. This isn't a dissertation for marking. I do try to proof read but I've got a dodgy keyboard with a couple of faulty keys and I've got big fingers and also in a rush I might type your instead of you're! I know it's a mistake I don't need some tit pointing it out.

And especially not pointing out under the guise that they are helping or educating you.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
people make the absurd deduction that the club don't know what they are doing and that anyone (no names provided) could do a better job and that any striker (some names provided, such as old Bournmouth lags who have no better, or a worse record than what we already have) would improve the team and that rather than having the best squad and highest league position in history (what is history, after all, other than today's chip wrapper) we would be better off back in the third division where we might at least hoof our way to more frequent victories.

Yes, yes. Yes. We all know we need a decent striker. You came up with two names. I explained why they would be daft punts. And so?

Recruitment isn't easy when you are a low-end EPL club with no history, no traditions, no trophies and no global fan base. It is difficult. Hard, in fact.
You are right there Harry frustration creeps in and you tend to look who scored on Saturday and think why didn’t we sign him ffs :lolol:

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You are right there Harry frustration creeps in and you tend to look who scored on Saturday and think why didn’t we sign him ffs :lolol:

You are a true supporter and I salute you :bowdown:

:lolol: :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

You can either insert a semicolon after 'mistake', or add 'and'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here