Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FFS Tony Bloom

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm sure they are looking.

There's no one (well aside for maybe the strikers) who wouldnt want the club to sign a new striker. But unless the right guy is available, its not happening. My guess is that we'll have to wait until the summer.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
We may need it but perhaps Tony hasn`t got the near £100m needed !!

nobody's asking for us to spend that amount of money, or at least I'm not. we just need some more quality up front and it's up to the club find a solution for that, which I'm sure they're trying to do

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Been done to death. “Just get a striker” is not easy. Been trying for years and quite frankly we got lucky to squeeze those goals from Murray for 2 years.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
There's no way of positively spinning this. And there's been far too many excuses for far too long.

We've been at least one striker light for years.

Failure to bring in anyone to fix a problem that's so glaringly obvious to everyone is tantamount to willful neglect.

Give Potter the money and the tools to do the job that he's expected to do...or he'll find someone else who will.

Seecider

Apr 25, 2009
Is the problem the wage structure ? Abraham went to Italy for no more than we paid for Locardia + Maupay. Add in Ali J. Top quality striker what about £50m. But its the wages and the implications across the squad.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Additionally, why do people assume the club haven’t been working for months on this?

The fact that we have needed a decent striker for at least two years and don’t have one?

I just wish GP had the balls to say it instead of saying we need to improve what we have. He’s had two years to improve Maupay and hasn’t

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
That Brighton after 1/3rd of the season are in 8th place above Man U, Everton, Leicester, Palace etc etc. You consider Pathetic !! Get Real !!!

The reality is that we have dropped 7 points recently in 3 games we dominated but managed just ONE goal.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure they are looking.

There's no one (well aside for maybe the strikers) who wouldnt want the club to sign a new striker. But unless the right guy is available, its not happening. My guess is that we'll have to wait until the summer.

If I were GP I’d have my antennae out for a move to a bigger and more ambitious club if TB doesn’t sort this out in January. Got to feel for the guy, he is much better than we are allowing him to be :shrug:

I am frustrated as Brighton fan he must be very pissed off and he is no Albion fan. He may have reached his ceiling here, project or not.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Is the problem the wage structure ? Abraham went to Italy for no more than we paid for Locardia + Maupay. Add in Ali J. Top quality striker what about £50m. But its the wages and the implications across the squad.
I agree, but it's the wages in most other clubs that's the problem.... the salary levels are obscene.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Plan for 17th, anything higher is a bonus.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I honestly believe todays line up with Misspuay followed by DJ strollabout was a deliberate move by Hairy Porter.

Yes we play 'nice' football under GP, yes we've survived, but we've not progressed business wise since we came up.

GP's move today, IMO, was to highlight the pathetic options on tap . . . . TB . . . . Sort it out or GP will be off . . . .No goals = low entertainment, that's not good for business. . . . .

Although I still think TB has a special bet going on somewhere . . .

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The reality is that we have dropped 7 points recently in 3 games we dominated but managed just ONE goal.

The reality is that we are 8th. Bollocks to dropping points...you don`t drop points. . Fact ..We have one more point than we had this morning. Thats one gained !!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Although I still think TB has a special bet going on somewhere . . .

Like Brighton to score bugger all goals in 10 games, which returns £50m, which he then spends on a striker? ???

Even on the Sky Sports App feed whoever was typing as it went along commented that Brighton were passing it around like a Top-6 side.

As mentioned previously, we take Maupay off and put Locadia on? Locadia?? LOCADIA?? We may as well put a kit on one of the Sodexo students, wrestle his pie off him, then send him out to lead the line.

Locadia. FFS

If he played for Salford City I'd wince for them....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here