Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dicks question

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
What are the queues like to get into Dick's pre-match for a 5.30ko? Is it more difficult than 3pm ko as people get there earlier in the afternoon? Was thinking of arriving about 4. Would we be able to walk straight in at that time? Thanks.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
What are the queues like to get into Dick's pre-match for a 5.30ko? Is it more difficult than 3pm ko as people get there earlier in the afternoon? Was thinking of arriving about 4. Would we be able to walk straight in at that time? Thanks.

If you’re driving, why would you need to go in there?

This is why the queues are so bad non-drinkers!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
For Man City there was a fairly big queue of people waiting to get in when it opened at 2.30(?) but they all seemed to get in.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Indeed!

And even if you were, people are allowed to order soft drinks or coffee . . . and eat of course. It isn't all about alcohol! :rant:

And I could be driving four hardened drinkers there, while abstaining myself*

*Neither of the above are true.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Without reading the actual question, is the answer "you could always try folding it in"?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The bundle to get into Dick's might be the absurdity that the TV's are switched on in there!

The proximity of people to each other in Dick's Bar in an indoor space while all watching TV's is crazy compared to the more open and ventilated space of the concourses with their high ceilings.

The club seriously need to reconsider turning the concourse TV's back on. Having them turned off achieves nothing apart from encouraging people to spend more time in enclosed spaces like Dick's Bar and gaining later entry through the turnstiles.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Without reading the actual question, is the answer "you could always try folding it in"?

There was an old man from Kent,
Who's dick was exceedingly bent.
To sort out this trouble,
he put it in double.
Instead of coming, he went!

I thank you. :blush:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The proximity of people to each other in Dick's Bar in an indoor space while all watching TV's is crazy compared to the more open and ventilated space of the concourses with their high ceilings.

The club seriously need to reconsider turning the concourse TV's back on. Having them turned off achieves nothing apart from encouraging people to spend more time in enclosed spaces like Dick's Bar and gaining later entry through the turnstiles.

Hmmm it's going to be interesting tomorrow, with the cold weather forecast people are going to be wanting to take to their seats for the game far later, the build up on the concourses and in Dick's Bar is going to be much greater.

Covid is going to love it.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

Absolutely but it seems that Mr Barber is content with just certain areas of the ground making the ' covid safe ' gesture. Ridiculous!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Where did I say I was driving?! ???

I misread between the lines. :ban:

Indeed!

And even if you were, people are allowed to order soft drinks or coffee . . . and eat of course. It isn't all about alcohol! :rant:

A bar is not all about alcohol!
Whatever next?
A church is not all about praying? A school is not all about education? A zoo is not all about animals? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here