Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea U23 v Brighton U23 PL2 19.00 Kick Off tonight Kingsmeadow.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
1-0 Albion, Moran

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Ref is crap at counting, paced out 12 steps for that freekick

Short legs?

I don't know why the Chelsea commentator goes on about how young the Chelsea team is. More than half of our players are still teenagers! (apart from Dicker, I think they all qualify as U21s too, I think).

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Good football from both teams. Thought we did well to get a point. Tolaj missed a decent chance second half but other than that we didn't trouble them too much.
Scherpan looked good. Actually caught a ball that was going over the bar, he's that tall.
Moran looked skilful although faded a bit, and Leonard looks a decent player.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
A good indication on how far we have come as a club. Chelsea have had the best academy in the modern game and a few years back they beat us 13-0 at youth level. I watched the game and we at least matched them and in some parts played them off the park. We have some serious talent in our academy and let's not forget we have about 15 players out on
Loan and some of them would be regulars in the u23 team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Interesting no Ferguson tonight……..???

Now that is interesting, even a sub appearance tomorrow would be fantastic for him, fingers crossed he's not injured, he's not a player you would be dropping on form so it must be injury or 1st team time .

No way of knowing for sure, but I wonder if Ferguson was included in the matchday squad for the U-18s at Sunderland on Saturday? (Their game, in the U-18 PL Cup, was called off). It's easy to forget, but he is still only a 1st-year scholar and therefore is eligible to play in the FA Youth Cup - Albion face Plymouth in that competition on Friday. It isn't unusual to bring the "better" players (who have moved up to the U-23s) back into the squad either for the cup match itself, or the game(s) leading up to it (Andrew Moran had his first U-18 involvement this season against Chelsea a week ago).

To be honest, I sincerely hope he was on a coach somewhere and completely missed Albion "fans" booing their own team on Saturday evening. Wouldn't blame him if he decided he would rather be at a club where the supporters actually supported the team. Absolutely moronic behaviour.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here