Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] 12-year-old girl stabbed to death in Liverpool City centre

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Terrible, another very young life robbed. RIP.

I'd like to see more anti-knife measures, and more stop n search is fine by me (across all races, not just blacks).

Yes I know that won't stop people simply taking a knife from the kitchen, or in this case, but the blades the police find these days only have evil intent.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
As I said on the cruelty thread yesterday, we have an underclass of people who value nothing, property, possessions and even life.

We live in a broken world...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As I said on the cruelty thread yesterday, we have an underclass of people who value nothing, property, possessions and even life.

I don't imagine things are any different from the way they ever were.

Here is another 12 year old stabbled. This time by white boys (allegedly). Less than a few miles from the Amex. Case unsolved.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Keith_Lyon

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Utterly stupid little boys. They've ruined so many lives (including the friends of the girl that were there, the onlookers, the girl's family obviously and their own families plus their own lives) for 1 moment of aggression. Why? To play the big man. Was it worth it? So stupid and thoughtless.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

Truth.

There's also an "over"class of people who value nothing but wealth.

Society is f**ked at both ends.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
Sickening:down:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Something has to change.
Knife crime just seems to grow and grow, year on year.
I don't have the solution but, for the love of god, someone must have some ideas for stopping this

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Unfortunately knife crime has always been prevalent, it is just reported more now. Brighton was notorious for razor gangs in the 30s and 40s, and following that teddy boys carried knives.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm not sure this report bears that sentiment out...

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn04304/

Barely any change. From the paper you linked:

knife.PNG

And in any case I was referring specifically to a 12 year old stabbed to death by other children. It is easy for the elderly gentleman or lady (and I am one of the former) to imagine that every day in every way life is becoming more feral and degenrate, but that's simply old man syndrome.

That Keith Lyon case was disgusting - a 12 year old robbed of his pocket money and stabbed to death (eleven wounds) by inverse-snob bullies because he was in his grammar school uniform, followed by a closing of ranks and cover up by friends and families of the bullies, none of whom came to justice.

The was always scum behaviour and degeneracy, and always will be. The disgusting way so many kids used to be treated, with this regarded as normal, beggars belief. There is no need to invent an emergent calamity to explain the current cases, which are so rare they always make national news headlines, and invariably get a thread all of their own on NSC. Each case shocking enough on its own.

If society wants to mitigate against this it needs to be a bit smarter than it has been, since forever. Identifying imaginary trends, with the temptation to grab some correlate to explain the trend, is not the way. We tried blaming it all on West Indians in the 1970s. And football hooligans. Who next?

Not having a go at you, by the way. It is perfectly reasonable to look for clues.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Barely any change. From the paper you linked:

View attachment 142384

And in any case I was referring specifically to a 12 year old stabbed to death by other children. It is easy for the elderly gentleman or lady (and I am one of the former) to imagine that every day in every way life is becoming more feral and degenrate, but that's simply old man syndrome.

That Keith Lyon case was disgusting - a 12 year old robbed of his pocket money and stabbed to death (eleven wounds) by inverse-snob bullies because he was in his grammar school uniform, followed by a closing of ranks and cover up by friends and families of the bullies, none of whom came to justice.

The was always scum behaviour and degeneracy, and always will be. The disgusting way so many kids used to be treated, with this regarded as normal, beggars belief. There is no need to invent an emergent calamity to explain the current cases, which are so rare they always make national news headlines, and invariably get a thread all of their own on NSC. Each case shocking enough on its own.

If society wants to mitigate against this it needs to be a bit smarter than it has been, since forever. Identifying imaginary trends, with the temptation to grab some correlate to explain the trend, is not the way. We tried blaming it all on West Indians in the 1970s. And football hooligans. Who next?

Not having a go at you, by the way. It is perfectly reasonable to look for clues.

I'm not sure I can dismiss a 50% increase in offences, over a 40 year period, as little change...

However, I do agree that partly due to social media and news being national, rather than local, that these events appear all the more shocking, as they are immediately available to all via the various news outlets.

Also, like you, I may have a touch of grumpy old git syndrome, with rose tinted bi-focals, but do you really feel "the streets" are as safe as in years gone by?

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Unfortunately knife crime has always been prevalent, it is just reported more now. Brighton was notorious for razor gangs in the 30s and 40s, and following that teddy boys carried knives.

Who were the targets for the razor gangs and Teddy Boys? Innocent teens?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Maybe introduce legislation that the punishment for carrying a knife (illegitimately) is an immediate custodial sentence. If nothing else it would deter most from playing the Billy Big Bollocks role.

Great idea but unlikely with our judicial system.

After all, we release paedophile serial killers from prison only to have to capture them and lock them up again when they start approaching young girls.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-59377431

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Who were the targets for the razor gangs and Teddy Boys? Innocent teens?

The razor gangs operated at the Racecourse targetting bookies, as I'm sure you know. Graham Greene wrote a book about it.
Teddy Boys used their flick knives on rival gangs, but as with any gang warfare, some innocents get caught up in it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I'm not sure I can dismiss a 50% increase in offences, over a 40 year period, as little change...

However, I do agree that partly due to social media and news being national, rather than local, that these events appear all the more shocking, as they are immediately available to all via the various news outlets.

Also, like you, I may have a touch of grumpy old git syndrome, with rose tinted bi-focals, but do you really feel "the streets" are as safe as in years gone by?

Good old statistics!! If you look at the last 20 years then there's been a drop!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here