Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Springsteen 'No Nukes'.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I can't be the only one on NSC who couldn't wait until Christmas, and has succumbed already. It's a bit crude. He's written better songs, but this guy is a complete and utter god. I feel so privileged to have lived through his life and times, and those of Jackson Browne, come to think of it. Will we ever see comparable talent in our lifetime ? Somehow, I doubt it.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm still trying to decipher Blinded by The Light after all these years, not a huge fan of the Boss but The River and Jersey Girl are classics.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not a Springsteen fan but I loved the No Nukes concert back in the day.

I may have been whooshed and this thread has nothing to do with it but any excuse to post my favourite track from the concert. The harmonies are fantastic if sparsely done.

https://youtu.be/99O3EWoTzHM

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Oh Dear on acid,music is subjective,well it was before P/C so before that he was ok. Mind you The BEATLES and She loves you,well that must be worth a riot ? Just enjoy the sounds.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Love a bit of Bruce. The album Darkness On The Edge Of Town is very dear to me. My brothers and classmates used to mock me for liking Springsteen as a 14 year old. Forty years later that album is still a symbol to me for liking what you like and balls to what others think.
Was nice to see later on that some of my favourite artists such as Pearl Jam hold him in high esteem.
I can take or leave some of his 90’s output but overall, one of my favourite artists.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
I can't be the only one on NSC who couldn't wait until Christmas, and has succumbed already. It's a bit crude. He's written better songs, but this guy is a complete and utter god. I feel so privileged to have lived through his life and times, and those of Jackson Browne, come to think of it. Will we ever see comparable talent in our lifetime ? Somehow, I doubt it.

I’m pretty sure I’m one of only a handful of people who were paid to fly out and attend both nights of the September 79 No Nukes gigs by our own government.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Never really appealed to me for some reason.
Not sure why. He ticks all the right boxes, but he's always been a bit meh for me.

Maybe I should give his back catalog a listen, but I probably won't.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Since you infuse your assesment with value judgements, I'd say that Born to Run was an amazing album at the time, and I still have the occasional listen, but when I bought Darkness I was so disappointed with the derivative continuation. One of my best pals loves him but the music is one dimensional, as is my pal's taste - which starts with blues/rock and ends with rock with a blues element. There is too much other stuff out there to start on about Springsteen as incomparable talent. Of course he isn't :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here