Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] So who is Joseph Marien?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Gotta be a fairly big hitter over in that there Belgium in order to have a Stade named after him.

Joseph Charles Marien (25 January 1900 – 1950) was a Belgian marathon runner. He competed at the 1928 Summer Olympics and finished in 56th place.[1]

References
Joseph Marien. sports-reference.com
Joseph Marien. trackfield.brinkster.net

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Marien

Ok so I'm sure Stade Waffles, Stade Tin Tin and Stade Poirot have already been taken by more illustrious team in Belgium.

We know the Belgiumists are short of celebrities, but come on, Stade du crap snickers runner?

Maybe Unkie Tony should look at changing the name:-

Stade Barber-Out
Stade Possession
Stade Not a Money Pit.

and in case you were wondering - no I really don't want to interact with the outside world, today.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That is indeed one Joseph Marien.

There is also another Joseph Marien who was the USG president until his death in 1933.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's a relief.

I knew I was playing with fire as I half expected there to be a Joseph Marien who single-handedly kept a battalion on German soldiers at bay while keeping hoards of 'undesirables' safe from their clutches.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Gotta be a fairly big hitter over in that there Belgium in order to have a Stade named after him.

Joseph Charles Marien (25 January 1900 – 1950) was a Belgian marathon runner. He competed at the 1928 Summer Olympics and finished in 56th place.[1]

References
Joseph Marien. sports-reference.com
Joseph Marien. trackfield.brinkster.net

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Marien

Ok so I'm sure Stade Waffles, Stade Tin Tin and Stade Poirot have already been taken by more illustrious team in Belgium.

We know the Belgiumists are short of celebrities, but come on, Stade du crap snickers runner?

Maybe Unkie Tony should look at changing the name:-

Stade Barber-Out
Stade Possession
Stade Not a Money Pit.

and in case you were wondering - no I really don't want to interact with the outside world, today.

The '' Stade de Poirot '' would be an interesting concept

The seating could be one of those walking sticks that converts and opens up into a seat - Then when not being used the Stadium instantly converts to ''safe standing'' stadium

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's a relief.

I knew I was playing with fire as I half expected there to be a Joseph Marien who single-handedly kept a battalion on German soldiers at bay while keeping hoards of 'undesirables' safe from their clutches.

Hoarding a horde of undesirables even?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stade de Statue of Little Boy Having a Tinkle.

"Oh Emiel you going down the tinkle at the weekend?'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here