Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] 30 years ago today

SAC

May 21, 2014
Not a great fan of their music and not a fan of any of the band after they broke the cultural boycott of South Africa and played Sun City. Bunch of money grabbing *****.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The only ‘celebrity’ death that made me cry.

RIP Freddie

76801df7c33d1b04fc4d0ff3e157cff0.jpg

This must have been quite a moment for Brian May
https://youtu.be/InDDWfy8VAM

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Elton John had a lot of time for Freddie, he said that he visited Freddie near the end and he still had his sense of humour... " Have you heard Mrs Bowie's new album ? What on earth was she thinking of ? "

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Probably was but I'm struggling with this necrophilia.

One thing if the artist said "ok once I'm dead turn me into a fecking cyborg and please use images of me so you can make £££ out of me being around" before he died but this is just creepy.

You may struggle with it and that's your right , but it isn't necrophilia.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
The only ‘celebrity’ death that made me cry.

RIP Freddie

76801df7c33d1b04fc4d0ff3e157cff0.jpg

This must have been quite a moment for Brian May
https://youtu.be/InDDWfy8VAM

Queen did something similar when they played Hyde Park with Paul Rodgers in July 2005 when we saw them. Was originally scheduled for 8th July - day after 7/7 - so got moved to the 15th.

My wife is a big Queen fan - saw them when she was around 14 in 1973/74. Love of my Life is rather an emotional song. When Brian May played it, Freddie was on the big screen. My wife is just under 5ft so I hoisted her up on my shoulders so she could see the whole stage. I sensed very quickly that she was in tears ... which set me off!!! Great memory.

Took her to Montreux for her 60th ... where the Freddie statue overlooks Lake Geneva ... and also the studio they used when staying there with loads of great memorabilia.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Luckily I saw their last ever gig at Knebworth, amazing band live

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

I was at Live Aid, very lucky.

I was roughly where the red blob is.
View-of-audience-and-stage-at-Queen-Live-Aid-1985-Wembley-UK-Note-the-relatively-small.png

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Lucky you, probably the greatest ever gig

Yes, 17 at the time not drinking and certainly no drugs but must admit I only remember parts of day, possibly not the best ones, haha. Remember lifting the matting on the pitch and grabbing a handful of grass and putting in my pocket and walking from the station to the stadium. I think the event went in a blink of an eye and not having cameras etc it was somewhat now just a distant memory. There was about 8 of us that went up, we were all apprentices at B-Cal. One of them was Simon Cuss, son of our famous ball boy Keith Cuss.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

As did I. Which is why I will never, ever go and see the current 50% of the band touring and masquerading as Queen. I want that memory to last.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I was at the Queen Magic tour Wembley and remember Status Quo getting it started, apparently the Alarm,[3] Belouis Some,[4] Marillion,[5] were there accoding to Wilki! But I am certain Rod Stewart was there and had a red then a yellow jacket prancing about,....no drugs were taken!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here