Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] I'm a Celebrity 2021

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Slightly worried about Crodo that he hasn't started this thread, however.

Kick off tonight a bit slow, but got going towards the end. Still challenged by the move away from Australia to Wales but this is still light entertainment television production at the top of its game.

Roll on the next few weeks.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Hate the show with a passion.

No idea why I even opened this thread :moo:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Richard Madeley will be a rule breaker, looking forward to that one.
Ginola will get the ladies vote :lolol:

Nice nod back to the past with the smuggling of spices (to make the rice and beans taste edible) that have been rightly confiscated.

Unfortunately it was nipped in the bud early and we won't witness an Anthony Worrell Thompson type breakdown where he asks to speak to his agent.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm stunned it's still going, but I thought the same about Big Brother, and I didn't watch that, either.

Because it isn't Big Brother, has nothing to do with "reality tv" (the genre came later) and is simply the greatest extended game show that television ever invented.

It is popular television production at the top its game. The trans continental live element, the overnight editing, the sets and the stunts. Flawless.

The UK based version is a little bit going through the motions, but to pull that out the bag during the pandemic was remarkable.

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Nice nod back to the past with the smuggling of spices (to make the rice and beans taste edible) that have been rightly confiscated.

Unfortunately it was nipped in the bud early and we won't witness an Anthony Worrell Thompson type breakdown where he asks to speak to his agent.

AWT would've nicked those spices in a Waitrose in Henley styleee... :)

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Because it isn't Big Brother, has nothing to do with "reality tv" (the genre came later) and is simply the greatest extended game show that television ever invented.

It is popular television production at the top its game. The trans continental live element, the overnight editing, the sets and the stunts. Flawless.

The UK based version is a little bit going through the motions, but to pull that out the bag during the pandemic was remarkable.

In that case, I stand corrected and will seek out the box sets of all the previous series, as I had no idea how good it actually is.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
A decent first episode. Go the yellow team, having Madeley and Ginola together should be fun.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
In that case, I stand corrected and will seek out the box sets of all the previous series, as I had no idea how good it actually is.

It's been responsible for some of the most entertaining minutes of television in the modern age and exists at a meta level that probably passes by the casual viewer.

The moon landing and Live Aid are one thing, but seeing Doctor (I'm not really a Doctor) Gillian Mckeith faint to avoid a trial on live television is up there with greatest television moments of all time.

birthofanorange

NSC Patreon
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
It's been responsible for some of the most entertaining minutes of television in the modern age and exists at a meta level that probably passes by the casual viewer.

The moon landing and Live Aid are one thing, but seeing Doctor (I'm not really a Doctor) Gillian Mckeith faint to avoid a trial is up there with greatest television moments of all time.

Live Aid clearly happened, but the moon landing looks just as fake now as it did when it was originally aired.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I missed the first series since I was sunning myself on a beach in Cyprus. However I used to buy those UK newspapers (in mono and a day late) and read something very special happening in UK television.

I rang my brother who told me the perfect television format had been invented. Unknown celebrities (with limited talent) had been pitched against older celebrities (we had forgotten) for the prize of a lucrative pantomime season (at best) or an extended series of interviews on breakfast television.

All they had to do was eat a penis.

It's genius.

Last edited:

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
Something about the lack of otherworldliness last year with the cold and damp made me less interested. I’m cold enough as it is. Castles are my norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
It is great bubblegum tv. Ant and Dec are absolutely brilliant. There are few programmes my family will all sit down and watch together but this is one. It is better in the jungle but to keep it going to help us through crappy November evenings works for me!

People who criticise other people who like it by entering a thread about it on an Internet forum to tell other people they have sad lives (or words similar to that) really need to open a dictionary and read about the word “ironic”

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here