Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] At what point should we start worrying about our form?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I should stress that right now I’m a little concerned but not hugely worried, but we’ve now failed to win in 8 games (not far off a quarter of a season) and haven’t won in over two months. We gave ourselves a bit of a head start but we’re devouring that cushion right now.

What I think is more worrying is the shades of last season re-emerging. Bossing possession and doing nothing with it, failing to fashion chances, and when we do not taking them. And we can’t blame injuries right now, the only likely starters not available today were Sanchez (don’t think you can put this defeat down to Steele) and Welbeck.

Like I said, I’m not worried but I am increasingly concerned. These are winnable games we’re dropping points in, playing like kings to get a point at Anfield is great, but not if you then only take one from Newcastle and Villa.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
We looked a better team last season. Now we have regressed to a more negative cautious side struggling to create chances. It worked for a while as we were grinding out undeserved results but the luck has run out now and it’s hard to see where the next win is coming from.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not a great run of results indeed.

Think it is as it usually has been: goalie, defenders and defensive midfield is good enough for top 10, in the more attacking positions the team is a bottom five PL club. Wins and losses are both probably going to be rare... as usual.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
About a month or 6 weeks ago

Our best striker is mid table Championship at best and not good enough to get in the starting line up. . . . We got lucky the first 5 games.

We'll be in the bottom 6 for Christmas.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Cant think of any chances or close calls on the Villa goal 2nd half. Was hoping for 0-0 after about 60 minutes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last season we were missing chances left and right. This year we're not making chances. Somethings going wrong.

This.

Some ludicrous posts this evening, although I'm not surprised.

I think I may have to go and peel some potatoes before I settle down for the 5.30 telly game.

At lease we aren't ManUre. Imagine the scenes among their millions of entitled armchair fans :lolol:

Doubtless Olly will be sent death threats by a 15 year old in Mexico with learning difficulties; he will probably have to type quick to beat the announcement of Olly's departure, though.

Ta ra.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Lamptey was the only man who looked to be trying to do something decisive, and when he was taken off we lost the game.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We need a win soon. Very soon.

I'm not more worried than that.

A poor return from the Leeds, West Ham and Southampton games would be concerning though.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Crack open.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

I should stress that right now I’m a little concerned but not hugely worried, but we’ve now failed to win in 8 games (not far off a quarter of a season) and haven’t won in over two months. We gave ourselves a bit of a head start but we’re devouring that cushion right now.

What I think is more worrying is the shades of last season re-emerging. Bossing possession and doing nothing with it, failing to fashion chances, and when we do not taking them. And we can’t blame injuries right now, the only likely starters not available today were Sanchez (don’t think you can put this defeat down to Steele) and Welbeck.

Like I said, I’m not worried but I am increasingly concerned. These are winnable games we’re dropping points in, playing like kings to get a point at Anfield is great, but not if you then only take one from Newcastle and Villa.

We didn’t fail to fashion chances last year. We failed to convert them.

This year we’re failing to create as many.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our results are becoming a tad worrying however we are generally controlling games, from that we aren't being outclassed. We are missing Welbeck or another like him.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It is what it is. The club failed yet again to bring in what was missing. I certainly will not b losing any sleep over it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here