Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Final Position Predictions

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I can't find a thread about where we (NSC) think we (seaguulllls) will end up come May. And having just read this line in The Guardian:

"The Battle for Fourth Place is a routinely depressing phrase, but it looks an open battle, with West Ham, Arsenal, Manchester United, Wolves, Brighton, Spurs and Leicester lurking hopefully."

...am moved to say I snorted in derision at the idea we're hoping for fourth. We could be 13th come Sunday tea-time. And I'm pretty confident of levelling out at 14th at the end of it all.

Am I in a minority?

*I'd do a poll but don't know how to.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
We’re better than 14th not anywhere consistent enough to be 4th but I’d say top 10 is a reasonable and achievable goal

To end up in 14th, there only need to be 6 teams below us - Norwich, Burnley and Newcastle have a fight on their hands and won't catch us. Neither will Watford. I can see Villa and Leeds improving, Brentford falling, and Southampton are a bit of an unknown quantity to me after Ings left.

There are going to have to be a few 'bigger' teams imploding for us to get to 10th, I reck.

Last edited:

JonnyCLately

Jan 16, 2018
Shoreham by sea
12-14th I reckon and around 50 points. Good progress.

Exactly this - few clubs achieve and maintain exponential improvements to go 15th to 4th without it being a blip. Id take 13th followed by 10th followed by 10th followed by 7th etc. Let's not do Sheffield United and have an incredible season followed by oblivion

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
12-14th I reckon and around 50 points. Good progress.

That would be good progress, but I think it may be a bit cautious.

1) We've already got 17 points from 11 games. (W4, D5, L2), albeit against mostly 'weaker' teams. We haven't played a proportionate number of games against top 6 teams, partly because
we were a top 6 team ourselves for several weeks.
2) With 27 games to go, even if we draw them all, that's still 44 points in total.
3) For the rest of the season, W8, D9, L10 will elicit 50 points.

I'd like to think we can do better than W8, D9, L10.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
Anywhere between 10th and 14th, but being safe by late March early April is the ideal

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
After all those interminable and irritating international breaks, the seaon picks up here - after 11 matches in three months, we've now got 9 games in 6 weeks up to the end of the year (or 7 games in 5 weeks to the midway pont of the season). Win 4 or 5 of those 9 games - and maybe the odd draw or two - and we could be in dreamland.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That would be good progress, but I think it may be a bit cautious.

1) We've already got 17 points from 11 games. (W4, D5, L2), albeit against mostly 'weaker' teams. We haven't played a proportionate number of games against top 6 teams, partly because
we were a top 6 team ourselves for several weeks.
2) With 27 games to go, even if we draw them all, that's still 44 points in total.
3) For the rest of the season, W8, D9, L10 will elicit 50 points.

I'd like to think we can do better than W8, D9, L10.

In 4 completed seasons we have averaged 1.04 points per game, so you would hope 28 more points is an absolute minimum leaving us on 45, our highest PL tally, and one that has in the past delivered 10th.

We need to better our average ppg by just converting just 1 defeat into a win, and 1 draw into a victory in order to hit 50 pts, which I’m sure the club and 98% of supporters would be delighted with. Anything above 47 will be our best season in the top flight.

Obviously right now we’re on 1.5 ppg, if we continued that to the end of the season we’d be hitting 58 or so pts which would be stunning. But, that feels a hopeful dream rather that realistic outcome.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
After another depressing result against at best a mediocre team, all this looks rather optimistic. 3 games in 8 days coming up; must get a win out of those else bottom 6 by May beckons.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We’re better than 14th not anywhere consistent enough to be 4th but I’d say top 10 is a reasonable and achievable goal

We need to sort out the goalscorer issue.
Either from within maybe Ferguson is worth a try or sign one for once.
Then top 10 is achievable.
If we don't then bottom 6 beckons.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think I voted 12th on that poll a while back. I'm sticking to that.

I'm not reading too much into current form. It's a snickers, not a sprint.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This thread is USELESS without a poll.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here