Date: Saturday 20th November 2021
Kick-off: 15:00 BST
Referee: Anthony Taylor
Assistants: Gary Beswick, Adam Nunn
Fourth Official: Stuart Attwell
VAR: Peter Bankes
Additional VAR: Lee Betts

TEAM NEWS

New Aston Villa head coach Steven Gerrard has Danny Ings and Ezri Konsa available after illness and suspension respectively.

The game is expected to come too soon for Douglas Luiz and Morgan Sanson.

Brighton goalkeeper Robert Sanchez is suspended so there will be a Premier League debut for Jason Steele, who has been with the club since 2018.

Enock Mwepu is out with a minor muscle strain but Aaron Connolly has overcome a heel injury.

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Aston Villa won their first Premier League game against Brighton with a stoppage-time goal in October 2019 but haven't led in any of the subsequent three meetings (D2, L1).
    [*=left]Brighton earned their first competitive away victory at Aston Villa in last season's corresponding fixture, at the 13th attempt (D3, L9).
Aston Villa

• [*=left]Villa have suffered five successive Premier League defeats, their worst run since an 11-match streak from February to April 2016.
    [*=left]They've conceded 13 goals in their past five games. Steven Gerrard's Rangers conceded 13 goals in 38 league fixtures last season.
    [*=left]Villa have the worst first-half record in the division this season, leading only once at the break.
    [*=left]Only two of the previous 12 permanent managers to take charge of Aston Villa in the Premier League have won their first game for the club: John Gregory in 1998 and Gerard Houllier in 2010.
Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are winless in six top-flight matches, drawing five, having won four of their opening five league fixtures this season.
    [*=left]Nonetheless, they are one of three clubs with an unbeaten Premier League away record in 2021-22, alongside Chelsea and West Ham.
    [*=left]Albion's only longer unbeaten away run from the beginning of a season was 12 matches in the Championship six years ago.
    [*=left]The Seagulls have conceded seven goals in their past three Premier League games.

Graham Potter's Aston Villa Press Conference

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Off for 18 at Hollingbury then searching for my ball in a stream around 14:50 this afternoon.

Mrs G out tonight so today could well be glorious

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I would love to see Stevie G ‘slip up’ on his first day in charge in the Prem.

1-3 - an Albion victory is overdue

UTA

#StillLoose

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Two months since our last league win, I’d REALLY like us to get 3pts today, think it’s getting important that we win again. But am nervous that it’ll be our first away defeat, for some reason. One of those games that feels like it could genuinely go either way.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
2-1

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Happy to be away for this one.
Unhappy we have to play Steele in goal

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Wonder whether we'll go for a 3rd game in a row without starting a 'recognised striker'. Worked well at Anfield, less so v the Saudis.

Maupay on the bench again?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Steele in goal is not a good start, Connolly being fit makes things even worse, no Mwepu is a big loss, still no Welbeck and I have a horrible feeling Trossard won't be selected.
Sorry to be all doom and gloom but I can only see this going the way of villains, no good guy victory today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here