Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New Seagulls book- looks interesting?

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
New book in club shop. Looks like a good Christmas present?

"Reflecting on the Seagulls' rich history, this official publication focuses on 60 key moments that have helped shape the great club that is Brighton & Hove Albion FC

A collection of memorable games, goals, players and appointments. 60 seconds that shaped the Seagulls' charts the ups and downs of the club both on and off th field, and will hopsefully (sic), bring some fond memories and emotions flooding back."

https://shop.brightonandhovealbion....2713_60-seconds-that-shaped-the-seagulls.html

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
Currently reading 'Flicking Ward to Wembley.' I think it was written for Brighton fans of my exact age. Man it's a roller coaster. Whilst the last book I read was Howard Zinn's 'A People's History of the United States'. Even the plight of the native Americans, the civil war, civil rights and the Vietnam war could not prepare me for the swings in historic fortunes. Without giving any spoilers, by page 3 Peter Ward has returned to the Albion and the Jam have split up!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
New book in club shop. Looks like a good Christmas present?

"Reflecting on the Seagulls' rich history, this official publication focuses on 60 key moments that have helped shape the great club that is Brighton & Hove Albion FC

A collection of memorable games, goals, players and appointments. 60 seconds that shaped the Seagulls' charts the ups and downs of the club both on and off th field, and will hopsefully (sic), bring some fond memories and emotions flooding back."

https://shop.brightonandhovealbion....2713_60-seconds-that-shaped-the-seagulls.html

You missed another (sic) unless it was written by t'Yorkshireman. I really hope the book isn't by the person who did the description. Having said that, Albion books are like Pokemon for me - gotta catch 'em all.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks to this thread, I did a check on abebooks for Albion related books to see if there were any I had missed. Found a very overpriced book called The Ultimate Drop which is about clubs that dropped out the league in the 80s and 90s along with 3 escapes including us. Went to eBay and found it for £2.29 delivered. Looks like 2 left if anyone else fancies it. No idea if it is any good and I have got a feeling the seller is one someone was unhappy about on here recently so caveat emptor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392155314995?epid=86229275&hash=item5b4e473b33:g:MUcAAOSwrkJe1qLq

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
Looks like a formulaic waste of money. The same guy who is credited as writer also wrote the one about Ipswich.

Now if it was written by Spencer Vignes, Tim Carder or @NotAndyNaylor it might be worth reading. Or Simon Medhurst.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
It was also nice to know I wasn't the only one that thought teenage school days were horrible. Although mine were spent at school in Steyning. I do love being a grown up!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Thanks to this thread, I did a check on abebooks for Albion related books to see if there were any I had missed. Found a very overpriced book called The Ultimate Drop which is about clubs that dropped out the league in the 80s and 90s along with 3 escapes including us. Went to eBay and found it for £2.29 delivered. Looks like 2 left if anyone else fancies it. No idea if it is any good and I have got a feeling the seller is one someone was unhappy about on here recently so caveat emptor.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392155314995?epid=86229275&hash=item5b4e473b33:g:MUcAAOSwrkJe1qLq

A quick update - this came today and a quick flick through shows the Albion chapter was written by Roy Chuter.

AndyrMuir

Andy Muir
May 3, 2010
Steyning
Please do. However, I think your target audience are me Zefarelli and half a dozen other posters! Decided today it should be sung by Levi Stubs.

yes I appreciate it’s a bit of a niche topic! Bugger finding an interested publisher. Selhurst publishing were particularly disinterested for some reason.
I live in Steyning and also worked at the school for a while. Nowhere near as brutal as my own schooldays. But then much fewer parkas and safety pins in the playgrounds these days. Still, at least we didn’t have to put up with Ed Sheeran in our day!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here