Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion U23s v Liverpool U23s (Fri 3 Dec 1pm)

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Does anyone know if this game is open to season ticket holders?
I can't see any mention of tickets being available.
I'm wondering if because of the lunchtime kick-off on a working day they don't want any of the public on the premises?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Yes I was also hoping to go to this one, will anyone know if its available to the public

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Can only presume that its because its a working day at the training ground no one is allowed in, a shame as would have liked to have gone.

Yeah guess the first team would still be around doing prep for Southampton away and the much younger lads would be on day release from school for training at the time.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A bounce to remind everyone that this game kicks off at 1pm tomorrow (Fri).
I would imagine that the club will be covering it as usual.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A bounce to remind everyone that this game kicks off at 1pm tomorrow (Fri).
I would imagine that the club will be covering it as usual.
Hope so. I wonder why GP has come and said Connolly won't be playing in this one (according to SSN) - as far as I know he hasn't been involved in the U23s at all this season, has he? So why the announcement? - wouldn't have expected him to play anyway.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patreon
Jun 20, 2021
Hope so. I wonder why GP has come and said Connolly won't be playing in this one (according to SSN) - as far as I know he hasn't been involved in the U23s at all this season, has he? So why the announcement? - wouldn't have expected him to play anyway.
It made good sense to me. His heel injury has obviously taken longer to sort out than expected. I assume as he hasn't played for a month or more Potter wanted him to get some match fitness and possibly regain some confidence by knocking a goal or two at a lower level.
Now he'll be stuck on the bench for at least 80 minutes, only coming on if we are chasing the game, or (dream on) winning comfortably

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It made good sense to me. His heel injury has obviously taken longer to sort out than expected. I assume as he hasn't played for a month or more Potter wanted him to get some match fitness and possibly regain some confidence by knocking a goal or two at a lower level.
Now he'll be stuck on the bench for at least 80 minutes, only coming on if we are chasing the game, or (dream on) winning comfortably

It doesn't to me. He hasn't played for the \23s; nobody expected him to play for them - so why make an announcement that he wouldn't play for them? Probably Roberts and Richards won;t either but he didn't feel the need too mention them.

Last edited:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
It diesn't to me. He hasn't played for the \23s; nobody expected him to play for them - so why make an announcement that he wouldn't play for them? Probably Roberts and Richards won;t either but he didn't feel the need too mention them.

I'd imagine it means he will be on the bench on Saturday instead of Locadia

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

I think because he was asked at his pre - Saints press conference where he will routinely get questions asking about the availability of players.
Its also not that unusual for a first team player for reasons of form or injury to have a run out in the u23s to get their match fitness back.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I think because he was asked at his pre - Saints press conference where he will routinely get questions asking about the availability of players.
Its also not that unusual for a first team player for reasons of form or injury to have a run out in the u23s to get their match fitness back.

This !

Potter was asked about u23 players being in squad for Southampton, he said he wanted Connolly to get some minutes for the u23’s but due to the injuries he will be with the main group

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Ooh it’s a corner;10085340 said:
Confirmed it’s live on BHA YouTube channel - great!

Just remembered. Only missed the first 12 minutes. 0-0.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The subtitles are having fun with Tsongui. Someimes 'Songy', sometimes 'Seonge - uy' and now 'Soggy' ...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here