Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Iron Fist of Bozza

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Possibly by giving the benefit of the doubt more often than we should, NSC seems to have arrived at a place where some quite unpleasant views are aired too often by a small subset of people on here.

Generally, these people attempt to be clever and stay the right side of the offensive line by being a bit vague and/or feigning innocence when called out.

This serves, at times, to create an unpleasant atmosphere which is not what I want NSC to be about.

So this is going to change immediately.

The benefit of the doubt will not be given any more. If you make a habit of writing in a way that largely seeks to diminish, belittle, undermine, divide, discriminate and mock then your days on NSC will be numbered, and I will give no apology for kicking you off here, for good, without further warning.

If you think this is aimed at you, it very probably is, so this is your opportunity to desist, and play a little more nicely.

Fortunately this warning doesn't apply to 99%+ of people who use NSC, who can merrily go on using the site just as they always have done

Blimey Bozza, I didn't know the Favourite Biscuit thread had taken such a turn for the worse... :lolol:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Starting a new thread about another poster = :ban: I thought.

Rookie mistake. (Said in a non-confrontational, gender fluid, woke, non-woke, snowflake, gammon way before anyone tries to get me banned)

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I give it three months until this board is known as the "Bry Nylon & AZ Gull Chat".

No complaints from me.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is the guy that carries much of the can for most of what happens on here. It's his name on the door. The buck largely, and largely unfairly, stops there. Why on earth would he, in conjunction with the carefully-selected mods, not lay out the ground rules? There's posters on here in every shade of state of mental health, some of whom should clearly be given a bit of time-off for their own benefit. Seems to to me like a bit of a horrible thankless juggling act, just so we can ostensibly just chat about the Albion

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Clearly the liver and bacon thread. I was disgusted.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
100% agree with the approach I often refrain from posting something for fear of the level of vitriol and bile that can come back in response should I happen to not agree with the ideologies of the less accepting posters of NSC. It has become a less pleasant place to be and anything done to reverse that gets a thumbs-up from me.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Just ban the offending users and move on? We all know who they are and they're not adding anything constructive, let alone positive, at all.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] is the guy that carries much of the can for most of what happens on here. It's his name on the door. The buck largely, and largely unfairly, stops there. Why on earth would he, in conjunction with the carefully-selected mods, not lay out the ground rules? There's posters on here in every shade of state of mental health, some of whom should clearly be given a bit of time-off for their own benefit. Seems to to me like a bit of a horrible thankless juggling act, just so we can ostensibly just chat about the Albion

Absolutely.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Just ban the offending users and move on? We all know who they are and they're not adding anything constructive, let alone positive, at all.

The only person this genuinely applies to IMO was ppf and he is already banned. Although maybe I've missed the one or two others who never post on football matters and do nothing but troll and generally irritate.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Possibly by giving the benefit of the doubt more often than we should, NSC seems to have arrived at a place where some quite unpleasant views are aired too often by a small subset of people on here.

Generally, these people attempt to be clever and stay the right side of the offensive line by being a bit vague and/or feigning innocence when called out.

This serves, at times, to create an unpleasant atmosphere which is not what I want NSC to be about.

So this is going to change immediately.

The benefit of the doubt will not be given any more. If you make a habit of writing in a way that largely seeks to diminish, belittle, undermine, divide, discriminate and mock then your days on NSC will be numbered, and I will give no apology for kicking you off here, for good, without further warning.

If you think this is aimed at you, it very probably is, so this is your opportunity to desist, and play a little more nicely.

Fortunately this warning doesn't apply to 99%+ of people who use NSC, who can merrily go on using the site just as they always have done

Blimey Bozza, I didn't know the Favourite Biscuit thread had taken such a turn for the worse... :lolol:

I saw an article the other day by the Filipino writer journalist and Nobel peace Prize winner Maria Resser....

"Social media platforms are biased against facts and creating “a virus of lies” that threatens all democracies, the Nobel peace prize-winning journalist Maria Ressa has said.

Ressa, one of the Philippines’ most prominent journalists, said social media platforms were “manipulating our minds insidiously, creating alternate realities, making it impossible for us to think slow”.

Focusing simply on moderating social media content was a distraction, she said, and it was the design of platforms, and the algorithms they used to promote content, that were in need of an overhaul.

Speaking at the Australian Strategic Policy Institute’s Sydney Dialogue, Ressa accused social media companies of misusing arguments around freedom of speech. “It’s a freedom of reach issue, not a freedom of speech issue,” she said.

“There’s something fundamentally wrong with our information ecosystem. Because the platforms that deliver the facts are actually biased against the facts,” she added, pointing to Facebook as the world’s largest delivery platform for news.

Ressa was awarded the Nobel prize along with the Russian journalist Dmitry Muratov last month for their “courageous fight for freedom of expression, a precondition for democracy and lasting peace”.

She co-founded the news website Rappler in 2012 and it hasbecome one of the Philippines’ most popular news outlets, known for scrutinising Rodrigo Duterte’s administration.

Rappler has not only covered Duterte’s war on drugs and exposed government corruption but also explored the ways in which social media can be manipulated by populist leaders.

Ressa said no democracies were immune from such threats. “I think what the tech platforms have shown is exactly how easy it is to use technology to manipulate human biology,” she said, adding that this transcended different countries and cultures.

While regulation had been put in place by many governments to protect against other potentially dangerous technologies, they had failed to do the same for information technology, which would continue to develop in sophistication. “[Technology] is thinking word for word faster than any human being ever can. And you’re not going to be able to get AI to fix the problems that human beings have created.”

This on a day when our Culture secretary Nadine Dorries, rebuked Laura Kuenssberg for telling the truth and also suggested that social media and " Woke " Cancel Culture were the domain of Left Wing groups. Its easy to see the world of smoke and mirrors that now pervades social media and those who claim to be telling the truth.

We should applaud Bozza for his stand but I fear it is too late already as the rot has well and truly set in when you see the small, but incredibly vocal, lunatic fringe on here persist with their windups.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here