Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Plumber

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
My old electric hot water tank needs replacement.Live on Shoreham beach in flat with no gas so must be electric.Not an emergency as it still just about works.Any recommendations?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My old electric hot water tank needs replacement.Live on Shoreham beach in flat with no gas so must be electric.Not an emergency as it still just about works.Any recommendations?

What's wrong with it? May just need a new element

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
IIRC there are one or two plumbers that post on here very occasionally,

There will be 3 along as soon as they've finished their tea :wink:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Have you tried switching it off and then back on again.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Have you tried switching it off and then back on again.

We had a message from our IT staff to tell us that despite all the years of advising us to do this, we were now being advised not to - but to 'restart'. Doesn't have quite the same ring to it does it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh you’ve signed up to the ‘Restart Package’ at £14.99 a month have you ?

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Do you mean a direct Hot Water Cylinder..? Vented or unvented..? Pics always help.. :thumbsup:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Do you mean a direct Hot Water Cylinder..? Vented or unvented..? Pics always help.. :thumbsup:

C3BBC61A-08D7-400E-BAFF-8BEEABC12FF5.jpeg

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
I'm given to understand that [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] can do a passable Edelweiss at a push. [MENTION=25123]SIMMO SAYS[/MENTION] should be able to confirm :thumbsup:

I can confirm [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] is starting a large bath/shower room refurbishment including tiling next week.
I do know the words to Edelweiss tho unlike him :moo:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I can confirm [MENTION=26444]Wrong Direction[/MENTION] is starting a large bath/shower room refurbishment including tiling next week.
I do know the words to Edelweiss tho unlike him :moo:

Still waiting for the shower enclosure that was ordered a month ago, on the basis it would be ready for collection in a few days….I’m hoping WD will do a better job than the previous guy :whistle:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Still waiting for the shower enclosure that was ordered a month ago, on the basis it would be ready for collection in a few days….I’m hoping WD will do a better job than the previous guy :whistle:
I had last week off for the misses and my birthdays, haven't been to plumbase this week to chase up, haven't had a call from them so guessing it's still held up somewhere, will go tomorrow and see what's happening

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I had last week off for the misses and my birthdays, haven't been to plumbase this week to chase up, haven't had a call from them so guessing it's still held up somewhere, will go tomorrow and see what's happening

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

A whole week off for a birthday ….sigh.

I wasn’t expecting a reply! :)

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
Talk to Steve at Worthing Plumbing & Heating. Always been spot on for us, turns up when expected and does a very good job. Put our boiler in 3 years ago and has done other bits like sorting taps and a shower refit. If you do contact him, tell him the bloke from Hill Barn Lane sent you :D
https://www.wphworthing.co.uk/contact-us/

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

Sorry, can't help, but could you post updates .... pleaze. I may have the same problem in the near future
thanks

colonies man

Jul 30, 2011
Cheers

Talk to Steve at Worthing Plumbing & Heating. Always been spot on for us, turns up when expected and does a very good job. Put our boiler in 3 years ago and has done other bits like sorting taps and a shower refit. If you do contact him, tell him the bloke from Hill Barn Lane sent you :D
https://www.wphworthing.co.uk/contact-us/

Thanks for that.I have made contact with Steve and name dropped you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here