Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Asking for a friend…

Is it polite and respectful or needy and unnecessary to say ‘Hello’ & ‘Goodnight?’

• It’s important/polite to greet your partner when you get home or say good night before bed.

Votes: 131 97.8%
  • It’s needy to expect your partner to say hello upon returning home or goodnight before going to bed.

Votes: 3 2.2%

• Total voters

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Fed up with stubbornly being told I’m entirely wrong, about EVERYTHING, under all circumstances, and made to think I’m insane, so I’m curious…do you seek out your partner on returning home to say ‘hello’ and do you say ‘goodnight’ before going to bed? (If I can work out how I’ll add a pole.) Thanks in advance.

Oh and obv feel free to take the p!ss to your hearts content. If I couldn’t take it, I wouldn’t have posted, so knock yourself out.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fed up with stubbornly being told I’m entirely wrong, about EVERYTHING, under all circumstances, and made to think I’m insane and demanding, so I’m curious…do you seek out your partner on returning home to say ‘hello’ and do you say ‘goodnight’ before going to bed? (If I can work out how I’ll add a pole. Thanks in advance. (Oh and obv feel free to take the p!ss to your hearts content. If I couldn’t take it, I wouldn’t have posted, so knock yourself out.)

Done it for you mate.

lady.JPG

Us mods are all heart.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I say hello and goodnight, most of the evening we're doing stuff in separate rooms though

Sent from my SM-A326B using Tapatalk

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Fed up with stubbornly being told I’m entirely wrong, about EVERYTHING, under all circumstances, and made to think I’m insane, so I’m curious…do you seek out your partner on returning home to say ‘hello’ and do you say ‘goodnight’ before going to bed? (If I can work out how I’ll add a pole.) Thanks in advance.

Oh and obv feel free to take the p!ss to your hearts content. If I couldn’t take it, I wouldn’t have posted, so knock yourself out.

Yes, say hello and goodnight. The only exceptions are those blissful couple of days after a row where she has decided she isn't talking to you, and thinks it some sort of punishment, you don't want to ruin that by being too friendly.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Yes, say hello and goodnight. The only exceptions are those blissful couple of days after a row where she has decided she isn't talking to you, and thinks it some sort of punishment, you don't want to ruin that by being too friendly.

I get two hours if I’m lucky. She gets over things very quickly haha. Me, not so much, I love a good sulk!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Mrs AR is my soul mate, so no piss taking here :thumbsup:

As I work shift, I say hello and goodbye everytime home to work or work to home.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I say hello, good night, please and thank you etc. for me these small interactions help grease the relationship between us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Always shout out hello when I come in, unless I was only in the garden. She may answer from the west wing or not. If there has been a silence...............I always say, I am ready to talk when you are just let me know! I also have the advantage that my wife told me I was perfect. In fact she said.. and you're bloody perfect you are. I rest my case.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Goodnight!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Maybe you and your partner aren’t meant to be together.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
I do always say hi when coming home and one of us will pop our head into say good night as we head upstairs.

What I would be more concerned about from your OP is being made to feel you are wrong about everything all the time. To be honest that’s not right and not healthy and eventually will get too much. I don’t know you obviously so don’t want to say anything too inflammatory but that needs sorted.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
What I would be more concerned about from your OP is being made to feel you are wrong about everything all the time. To be honest that’s not right and not healthy and eventually will get too much. I don’t know you obviously so don’t want to say anything too inflammatory but that needs sorted.

Thanks man. I agree. Appreciate you taking the time. (Tactfully.) It’s tough to have your point of view invalidated at every turn, told your feelings are baseless and that I shouldn’t feel the way I do or that I’m overreacting, only to be punished if I ever voice concern. It’s not even about being right or wrong, just to have the other person see another perspective from time to time would be so much healthier.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here