Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Souvenir tickets - for football, gigs etc

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
souvenir.jpg

Some folk on Twitter seem shocked that this option exists when buying digital tickets, but it's getting increasingly common. A friend paid an extra €15 for two paper tickets for England's Euro semi, and I've seen it offered for several gigs.

Good idea? Silly?

And how long before the Albion offer it as an option?!

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I wanted one for my boys first match, if the option was available I would have purchased.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Unless they're handmade by artisans, I'm not buying any on principle.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't there some nonsense around the Michael Jackson tour where he died before he could do his series of dates at the O2 in London town? Seem to recall it was something like you could apply for a refund or you could keep the wizzy paper ticket. Wonder how that one panned out?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wasn't there some nonsense around the Michael Jackson tour where he died before he could do his series of dates at the O2 in London town? Seem to recall it was something like you could apply for a refund or you could keep the wizzy paper ticket. Wonder how that one panned out?

Fantastic business model for those that can get away with it. And history teaches us that they can, and they do. Repeatedly.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts

I think pretty much the only ticket I've kept for anything for any length of time is my Ahmet Ertegun Tribute Concert ticket from 2007, which I still have.

Oh, and my Hereford ticket.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As long it is an option extra and not obligatory then all good. If someone chooses to spend the money for it then fine by me. .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
This needs to be placed into a bundle including:

Souvenir ticket £2.95
Souvenir programme £19.95
Exclusive 'I was there t-shirt' £49.95
Your favourite players name on your individual banner to hold up for the entire game £79.99 or £124.99 to take home this unique souvenir.

or £250 for all the above and two free piglet pies, and two drinks.

Or full the full VIP experience which includes being able to ask PB two questions £750 as well as fast lane entrance to trains at both Brighton and Famer stations.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I've been an avid collector of ticket stubs for years for football and gigs and miffed about having to buy an 'extra' paper ticket.
For the past couple of days have been uploading my gig ticket stubs to concert archives, which is a great way of documenting gigs you attend. Ive never been into going to a gig and filming it on my phone but have resorted to taking a couple of pics of the band and a couple of short videos to upload to concert archives as a reference of attending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here