Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton interested in Ajax's Mazraoui ?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As you say, probably rubbish. Plus as a defender where would he fit in? Defence is probably our strongest area of the team at te moment. Whoever's place he takes in the squad would be banging on the manager's door demanding answers.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Great player and able to play in basically any position, though mainly a right back which makes it all a bit unlikely.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We wanted the right back who went from Chelsea to Solon so could be a goer, strength in depth and all that.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I have no doubt we’re keeping tabs on him like the article says. Then again we’re probably keeping tabs on a couple of hundred players currently. Can you imagine if we didn’t start looking for a replacement for a player until after they’d been sold? :lolol:

The only way it would make sense with the current squad would be if we were considering pushing Lamptey upfield permanently, like we did at the start against Newcastle.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We've bought other players recently when the majority here were saying we were well covered in their position. I'm not ruling it our on that basis

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I have no doubt we’re keeping tabs on him like the article says. Then again we’re probably keeping tabs on a couple of hundred players currently. Can you imagine if we didn’t start looking for a replacement for a player until after they’d been sold? :lolol:

The only way it would make sense with the current squad would be if we were considering pushing Lamptey upfield permanently, like we did at the start against Newcastle.

Lamptey playing more forward might be a very good idea ! Look at the young lad at Arsenal - not dissimilar attributes .

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Hopefully Veltman can put in a good word for us with him.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If we are in for this chap (and I'm not sure about it - ow old is he if he's been 17 years with Ajax!) surely it means someone will be on the way out - at the very leas some of our loanees won't be coming back - and with lower leagues still potless, we won't be doing much towards sustainability, I fear.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here