Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] UK Government PPE VIP Lane...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I reckon these recent front pages have damaged the Tories way more than the left-wing press (or, indeed, the Opposition) over the past couple of weeks....

View attachment 142224

They might be damaging Johnson but not the Tories at large.

They'll still walk the next election, whomever is in charge.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Is any of this illegal? If so why aren’t they being prosecuted?

It's a clear conflict of interest.

I'm not sure that a conflict of interest is an offence in parliament, though. A few days ago folk were queuing up on NSC to defend the idea of MPs having two jobs. It doesn't take much of a leap of imagination to consider it just fine when the two jobs merge into one, where the MP enriches himself and his party in return for easily defensible disbursement of contracts.

And many of those who don't see this as corrupt are part of the 'all politicians are the same' brigade.
And then, of course, some oaf will pop along with a story about Tony Blair to prove the point.

And in 3 years time Boris will win another comfortable victory, which is what most of the above always wanted :shrug:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
F8ck em all.

There is absolutely nothing the public can do, and they know it.

We are just pawns in their game.

I will get of the fence now as I can feel them splinters.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It's a clear conflict of interest.

I'm not sure that a conflict of interest is an offence in parliament, though. A few days ago folk were queuing up on NSC to defend the idea of MPs having two jobs. It doesn't take much of a leap of imagination to consider it just fine when the two jobs merge into one, where the MP enriches himself and his party in return for easily defensible disbursement of contracts.

And many of those who don't see this as corrupt are part of the 'all politicians are the same' brigade.
And then, of course, some oaf will pop along with a story about Tony Blair to prove the point.

And in 3 years time Boris will win another comfortable victory, which is what most of the above always wanted :shrug:
Not illegal but against the rules.

The bloke who runs education for our local council has implemented a cull of little village schools, his other job is owner of a coach company who (amongst other things) provide school transport. He’s a conservative too.

Its endemic.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
he mentions they were shut becaus of little stock and supply was imported. the reason the move to cental supply happened was because the trusts said they couldnt get anything, the suppliers said they couldnt cope with demand and the country screamed for something to be done.

no one asks root cause, why the department responsible needed a fast lane and didnt have contingency plans.

I suspect the reason for centralising supply was so that different parts of NHS were not trying to outbid each other for resources, or stockpiling by one department causing shortages elsewhere. I also suspect that when Ministers saw the chance, they were scrambling to get their chums in on the spending spree, if those chums were well placed to deliver what was required, I could forgive it, but they were not, and in some cases it seems they formed companies overnight, just for the purpose of getting on the gravy train.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Seems Meller Designs saw its profits rise by more than 9,000% during the latest accounting period, from £143,000 to £13 million for the period ending December 2020

All this after £63k investing in Govie and the Tories

That's what I call a return on investment

Right lets wait for the next piece of whataboutary from 19 years ago...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
F8ck em all.

There is absolutely nothing the public can do, and they know it.

We are just pawns in their game.

I will get of the fence now as I can feel them splinters.

Edit - wrong poster. Reply deleted.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Whilst all this was going on, in the middle of a pandemic, with a lack of PPE, companies saying that they can and do produce what is needed and being ignored, health workers were catching Covid with some dying.
Meanwhile a very good friend of mine who is a Physiotherapist was taken off her duties, for obvious reasons, and because she is a decent dressmaker, was asked to produce PPE from bin bags to try and protect the staff.
And someone puts up a clip of Angela Rayner, who I agree is a bit potty mouthed, in a MP lies shocker to try and justify this.
It does not even come close to justifying what Johnson and the cabinet did to fund their pals.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Apparently, the current issue of Private Eye is worth a read.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
I keep saying Our Political system is completely broken, the Houses of Parliament are no longer fit for purpose and dispute spending hundreds of millions will remain so.
The first post system (FPTP) is only used in two countries in Europe the UK and Belarus it’s true Poland uses FPTP for its second house while we have a totally unelected second house, only two countries in the world have unelected religious leaders making laws the UK and Iran.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Really quite disappointing to see the usual posters trying to defend this. Seriously, what are you thinking?

I don’t even see the mob we have in government as a legitimate political party. They are the political wing of corrupt elite. And they are tearing Britain apart for their own gain.

In a civilised world they would all be slung out and have their assets frozen. Bunch of posh fraudsters who have snuck into power.
I hope we live to see the downfall of this band of b@stards.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I keep saying Our Political system is completely broken, the Houses of Parliament are no longer fit for purpose and dispute spending hundreds of millions will remain so.
The first post system (FPTP) is only used in two countries in Europe the UK and Belarus it’s true Poland uses FPTP for its second house while we have a totally unelected second house, only two countries in the world have unelected religious leaders making laws the UK and Iran.

Vatican City has it too!!

The other problem is the lack of a written down constitution, we must be the only modern democracy that doesn't have one.

Its done us fine, until the recent selection is dishonest actors arrived, then the problems started.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Calm, calm 'H'.

My point, albeit in a foreign language, was to point out that whoever, whenever runs the show, the noses are always rammed into the trough.

Don't get your best pair of cords into a twist.

Yes, I understand your point, and I refute it. Most MPs on both sides of the house are honourable and diligent. Unfortunately the Boris gang is a minority in the tory party, and are crooks who have taken over the show.

It is pernicious and wrong to conclude they are all the same. That way precludes change.

Which is what I suspect you want - no change, and the Boris gang in charge. Poor show. Very poor show.

Your language is far from foreign. I last owned cords in1975.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Really quite disappointing to see the usual posters trying to defend this. Seriously, what are you thinking?

I don’t even see the mob we have in government as a legitimate political party. They are the political wing of corrupt elite. And they are tearing Britain apart for their own gain.

In a civilised world they would all be slung out and have their assets frozen. Bunch of posh fraudsters who have snuck into power.
I hope we live to see the downfall of this band of b@stards.

The minute parliament was prorogued and Mogg went up to Balmoral to lie to the Queen I knew we were heading for a dark place.

They still have a lot of bad shit they're into, the objective is total power with minimal accountability

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here