Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Hove scores should we sign him ?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Whilst reviewing this evenings results i noticed that Norway U21 had a player called Hove who scored in the 4th minute . Could do a job surely especially if partnered with marc albrighton ?
As an afterthought do any of the wise men of NSC actually know of occasions in reality where players shared the same name as the team they turned out for ?

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Whilst reviewing this evenings results i noticed that Norway U21 had a player called Hove who scored in the 4th minute . Could do a job surely especially if partnered with marc albrighton ?
As an afterthought do any of the wise men of NSC actually know of occasions in reality where players shared the same name as the team they turned out for ?

No I don't but the closest I can get for you is a Gillingham player called Gerald Sithole, which is just one letter away from being bloody funny.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
No I don't but the closest I can get for you is a Gillingham player called Gerald Sithole, which is just one letter away from being bloody funny.

Why is Geraldo Sithole funny?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Maybe the name calling I got at school wasn't that bad.

I'd be straight down the deed pole office at 18 yrs old if that was my family name. And not to add an 'h' either :p

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
There's a bloke called Barry on Keith's books and Barry used to have a player called Keith.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was very gutted back in the mid noughties when Tom Brighton chose Millwall rather than joining us. The closest we could get now is signing Marc Albrighton from Leicester.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Maybe the name calling I got at school wasn't that bad.

I'd be straight down the deed pole office at 18 yrs old if that was my family name. And not to add an 'h' either :p

So you wouldn't be courting Mr and Mrs House's daughter then?

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
Stefan K***z played for Germany... :jester:

I'm not actually that xenophobic but it seemed like an open goal.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Only if we can find him a husband/wife with the surname Actually so he can be double barrelled.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
I suppose Perry Digweed is a bit close to our name preferred by Palace supporters.

I wouldn't worry - they had Nigel Martyn play for them.

Also in 1935, they had a player called Chav "Burn My Own Town" Caravan.

* One of these facts may not be true. The comic value in this post may go down as well as up. The point of this post may be at risk if you do no keep up repayments on it.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Billy Preston was an awesome singer but a rubbish footballer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here