Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Kick off times in Qatar

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just did a little bit of researching to see if FIFA have announced the kick off times for the World Cup this time next year, and see that the following has been proposed:

Group matches: 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm.
Knockout matches: 3pm and 7pm.

This means the 7pm (local time) games will kick off at 10pm here. Potential to get very messy if England have any of the late group slots or progress through the knock out phase...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just did a little bit of researching to see if FIFA have announced the kick off times for the World Cup this time next year, and see that the following has been proposed:

Group matches: 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm.
Knockout matches: 3pm and 7pm.

This means the 7pm (local time) games will kick off at 10pm here. Potential to get very messy if England have any of the late group slots or progress through the knock out phase...
Why? England fans in Qatar (shame on them) will be watching at 7 p.m. Fans in England will watch on TV from 10 to 12 - what's the problem? Lots of people don't go to bed until around midnight, and lots of pubs are open until midnight too, at weekends anyway.

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
I won't be watching a minute of that death ridden farce.
Shame on those that go or watch.
I sincerely hope that fans across the globe boycott this awful tournament.
RIP those thousands of men, women and children that have lost their lives in the name of sport.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I won't be watching a minute of that death ridden farce.
Shame on those that go or watch.
I sincerely hope that fans across the globe boycott this awful tournament.
RIP those thousands of men, women and children that have lost their lives in the name of sport.

This.

(Added to the fact that England will be knocked out on a penalty shootout as soon as they play a top 10 team in the knock out phase; the tactic is well known, draw with England and they always always always collapse in the shootout).

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Indeed - the times stated in the OP are UK time and Dubai is 3 hrs ahead

Ah. Is that the case? I googled “what time do matches kick off at Qatar WCF?” and it retuned the times I posted. I assumed these where local times. But if they are UK time then the early kick offs are 7am in Qatar…?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Ah. Is that the case? I googled “what time do matches kick off at Qatar WCF?” and it retuned the times I posted. I assumed these where local times. But if they are UK time then the early kick offs are 7am in Qatar…?

When will the matches kick off?

FIFA has confirmed the first two rounds of matches will kick off at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm in the United Kingdom).

Kick-off times in the final round of group games and knock-out round matches will be at 6pm and 10pm local time (3pm and 7pm UK time).

The final is scheduled to kick off at 6pm local time (3pm UK time)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Does anyone really care.
The whole England thing will overhyped as usual by the press and pundits.
England World beaters ppppffffff....

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom

Qatar are 3 hrs ahead so first game will be at 1pm in Qatar and last game at 10pm

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When will the matches kick off?

FIFA has confirmed the first two rounds of matches will kick off at 1pm, 4pm, 7pm and 10pm local time (10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm in the United Kingdom).

Kick-off times in the final round of group games and knock-out round matches will be at 6pm and 10pm local time (3pm and 7pm UK time).

The final is scheduled to kick off at 6pm local time (3pm UK time)

I’ve made a right mess of this.

I might find a competent Moderator and get them just to move the whole ****ing thread to the compost heap…

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
I’ve made a right mess of this.

I might find a competent Moderator and get them just to move the whole ****ing thread to the compost heap…

Glad it's not just me, had to read the posts a few times to understand it.

It's simple, the games kick off in the middle of the Sahara on Dubai time at 1pm in Qatar which is 7pm local time that's 10pm UK time and finishes when I go to bed at midnight when the penalties start which is at 9am UK time, but that doesn't matter as we got eliminated anyway.

Crystal. What's all the fuss about?

:moo:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Complete gibberish.

I might steal this for my NSC tagline.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
It's easy to understand.
Sockboy plays, I don't watch. Palace pikey is still in charge picking his out of form, injured and frankly dubious favourites, I really won't watch.
football is for the world, but not qatar, as they have a dodgy human rights record

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It's easy to understand.
Sockboy plays, I don't watch. Palace pikey is still in charge picking his out of form, injured and frankly dubious favourites, I really won't watch.
football is for the world, but not qatar, as they have a dodgy human rights record

So England reach the World Cup Final.

You clock the lineup an hour before kickoff, and Grealish starts. You pour yourself a cherry brandy, crack open the Matchmakers, switch over to ITV2 for the Celebrity Catchphrase Christmas Special with Stephen Mulhern, and check the result in the Daily Mirror the next morning ?

Jul 25, 2021
So England reach the World Cup Final.

You clock the lineup an hour before kickoff, and Grealish starts. You pour yourself a cherry brandy, crack open the Matchmakers, switch over to ITV2 for the Celebrity Catchphrase Christmas Special with Stephen Mulhern, and check the result in the Daily Mirror the next morning ?

All of that is bang on, except I check the result the next morning on Ceefax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here