Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chelsea tickets

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Logged in prompt this morning and as expected best 2 upper tier blocks not open . So straight into SU2 only to find first 5 rows from side to side already greyed out !
Now while i have some understanding that club will hold back blocks they may be able to return if unsold i do find it a bit galling that in the next best block the best seats are also unavailable . Did everyone else find same ?
I make it close to 2400 seats across 4 lower blocks and 2 upper blocks open .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Logged in prompt this morning and as expected best 2 upper tier blocks not open . So straight into SU2 only to find first 5 rows from side to side already greyed out !
Now while i have some understanding that club will hold back blocks they may be able to return if unsold i do find it a bit galling that in the next best block the best seats are also unavailable . Did everyone else find same ?

How do you get 2400 ? Barely half that showing as available in the list (unless we’ve sold 1200 already this morning ?)

A6897D9E-3133-4F97-89AC-7CB0A694B131.jpeg

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62

Yes, a very high proportion of SU2 greyed out at 9am.
SU3 definitely the best block. Not enough height in the lower tiers.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
To be honest, I prefer to be in an upper tier an any ground because I like to see the movement and
patterns of the game. But as long as I can see the pitch I don't really mind where I am related to the
goal. Just grateful to be there.

theboybilly

Here we go again, some are very picky about where they want to sit at away games!!!

Yes some of us are. I can't stand for a full 90mins so, let's take Norwich as, an example, I was the closest Albion fan to the Norwich Home end, front row in the corner. There were about half a dozen seats between me and the aisle and past that the front row of wheelchair users. Like many I want to see how the game pans out from an elevated view but with most Albion fans standing throughout, and the layout of Carrow Road's away section, I decided that not having somebody standing in front of me (don't get me started on the Stewards!) was the most important thing. What do I get? 5 of that half dozen seats to my left occupied by people standing. The old gentlemen next to me asked politely not for them to sit down but at least stand back so he could see along the touchline. 'Why' was the reply and loads of grinding of teeth. Some of our fans at away games are ignorant. Some even moved down to stand among the wheelchairs at Turf Moor until they were rightly 'turfed out'. Why, if you are going to stand, do people buy tickets in the front rows of either lower or upper tiers? I'm not the only one brassed off by this.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Is there any other organisation that offers a loyalty/priority booking system, but often holds back desirable tickets like this from it's most loyal/high priority customers? It is odd.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes some of us are. I can't stand for a full 90mins so, let's take Norwich as, an example, I was the closest Albion fan to the Norwich Home end, front row in the corner. There were about half a dozen seats between me and the aisle and past that the front row of wheelchair users. Like many I want to see how the game pans out from an elevated view but with most Albion fans standing throughout, and the layout of Carrow Road's away section, I decided that not having somebody standing in front of me (don't get me started on the Stewards!) was the most important thing. What do I get? 5 of that half dozen seats to my left occupied by people standing. The old gentlemen next to me asked politely not for them to sit down but at least stand back so he could see along the touchline. 'Why' was the reply and loads of grinding of teeth. Some of our fans at away games are ignorant. Some even moved down to stand among the wheelchairs at Turf Moor until they were rightly 'turfed out'. Why, if you are going to stand, do people buy tickets in the front rows of either lower or upper tiers? I'm not the only one brassed off by this.

Sorry, my comment wasn't aimed at those that need to get a seat to actually use but at those that keep moaning that the 'best' seats aren't available in whatever block they think is the best.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Is there any other organisation that offers a loyalty/priority booking system, but often holds back desirable tickets like this from it's most loyal/high priority customers? It is odd.

Ticketmaster do it all the time. An example, but not the only one, is England internationals at Wembley which for the lower tier they allocate from row 44, the back row, first. Plenty of these are under a low roof and hopeless if everyone stands up in front of you, which they do, but give it an hour or so and the lower rows start to become available.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Not such an inconvenience to just wait for more blocks if you really have a preference, you can monitor the availability as it goes down the tiers.

We have a mixture of points in our group so are forced to wait until 3rd tier if we wish to book together but this often leads to a decent choice with most of the blocks released by this point.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not such an inconvenience to just wait for more blocks if you really have a preference, you can monitor the availability as it goes down the tiers.

We have a mixture of points in our group so are forced to wait until 3rd tier if we wish to book together but this often leads to a decent choice with most of the blocks released by this point.

Nothing is getting remotely close to selling out in the second tier currently, so looking like it’s better to wait. Not really the club’s fault - if they take the full allocation initially they get stung for the full cost whether they sell it or not. If they take less, they have to take the blocks the home club release first (which will naturally mean those closer to the home fans - and usually better - will be released later).

What the club do need to assess carefully is likely demand but everything is a bit messed up atm. I wouldn’t like to judge how many will want to go to Chelsea, midweek evening, between Xmas and New Year when the trains are certain to be shite.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Nothing is getting remotely close to selling out in the second tier currently, so looking like it’s better to wait. Not really the club’s fault - if they take the full allocation initially they get stung for the full cost whether they sell it or not. If they take less, they have to take the blocks the home club release first (which will naturally mean those closer to the home fans - and usually better - will be released later).

What the club do need to assess carefully is likely demand but everything is a bit messed up atm. I wouldn’t like to judge how many will want to go to Chelsea, midweek evening, between Xmas and New Year when the trains are certain to be shite.

I think you and i are pretty much together in our thinking on this Dazzer , both sympathetic with the club whilst questioning the occasional odd decision such as the failure to take full allocation for Norwich or the strange release of blocks for Southampton both of which sold very well .
I still stand ( no pun intended ! ) by my thoughts expressed in the original post as i too now find myself in the situation of needing to sit quite often for health reasons so really like to purchase a seat at the front of an upper tier to enable me to do this and still watch the match .
In answer to your earlier question my calculations based on physically counting the seats in each block open is as follows :-
block SL1 220 seats , SL2 294 , SL3 270 , SL4 226 , SU1 900 , SU2 445
making a grand total of 2355 across all open blocks although as proved evident in the M.U. release the club sometimes open a block but do not put all the tickets in that block up for sale right away .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think you and i are pretty much together in our thinking on this Dazzer , both sympathetic with the club whilst questioning the occasional odd decision such as the failure to take full allocation for Norwich or the strange release of blocks for Southampton both of which sold very well .
I still stand ( no pun intended ! ) by my thoughts expressed in the original post as i too now find myself in the situation of needing to sit quite often for health reasons so really like to purchase a seat at the front of an upper tier to enable me to do this and still watch the match .
In answer to your earlier question my calculations based on physically counting the seats in each block open is as follows :-
block SL1 220 seats , SL2 294 , SL3 270 , SL4 226 , SU1 900 , SU2 445
making a grand total of 2355 across all open blocks although as proved evident in the M.U. release the club sometimes open a block but do not put all the tickets in that block up for sale right away .

Fair enough…..away games for anyone who can’t stand for the full 90 are a bit of a pain I would think, but so many don’t go to their allocated seat it’s always easy to find somewhere more suitable. Imagine front row of an upper tier is the best option

In terms of the numbers the photo I posted shows the actual available seats for purchase……..but obviously doesn’t cover how many have already gone.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Fair enough…..away games for anyone who can’t stand for the full 90 are a bit of a pain I would think, but so many don’t go to their allocated seat it’s always easy to find somewhere more suitable. Imagine front row of an upper tier is the best option

In terms of the numbers the photo I posted shows the actual available seats for purchase……..but obviously doesn’t cover how many have already gone.

Yes thanks mate it can be troubling on occasion . As you say your screenshot ( by the way thanks for those they are so helpful ) does not show those already gone or indeed those being held back by the club either for players comps , staff , corporate or for later release .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Ticketmaster do it all the time. An example, but not the only one, is England internationals at Wembley which for the lower tier they allocate from row 44, the back row, first. Plenty of these are under a low roof and hopeless if everyone stands up in front of you, which they do, but give it an hour or so and the lower rows start to become available.

Don't Ticketmaster allocate tickets but then give you the option of overriding that and selecting your own?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Have to agree. Club caught between a rock and a hard place.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here