Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] RIP (real) Richard Goodman

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I'm sad to say an old friend of mine, and some of yours has passed away after a long on/off and ultimately on battle.

A BHA fan and supporter for decades. He was in our gang on the North stand and/or east terrace in the 90's, GIllingham days, Cell block D @ Withdean and the Amex.

Rich worked for Cantor(Fitzgerald) in the 90's/early 2000's . . . I remember looking after his house when he went to NYC for work on a few occasions in the late 90's. He called me once, shitting bricks, scared to go closer than 10 feet from the window on the 24th floor. Scared of heights apparently ( I was on a scaffold tower painting his house at the time!!)

September 11th we were at home to Stains. . . I worked for an American Co too at the time. It was a strange day/ evening. . . He lost a lot of colleagues that day. I only really realised the gravity of that when he looked me in the eye that evening, always calm and un assuming, but visibly disturbed and understandably moved. A rare show of emotion.

Richard was a core part of the origins and makings of REMF, and played in the first match.

I think that's all I need to and can say. A good man and a good friend, to many, not just me.

RIP Little Rich.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Thanks for posting that beautiful tribute, Zef.

Such sad news.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Echo that. Was he 'Tricky Dicky' on here?

Yes he was. I did mention the other day about photo's from REMF, I don't recall seeing any, would be great to find one for the funeral.

I do have one of us all soaked on the east Terrace at the Doncaster game.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Never did get to play that round of golf. :(

(Probably just as well as I can barely swing a club these days).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Never did get to play that round of golf. :(

(Probably just as well as I can barely swing a club these days).

One of my notes for Friday is his tee shot at the first @ Rustington, I think there were 4 of us, and 4 waiting . . . . Rich got a good connection, 1 second later a loud clang ( electricity pylon) the a thud as his ball bounced in front of us and rolled back past the tee onto the putting green behind. Cue 7 blokes pissing themselves laughing and Rich looking at his club head!

He's still the only person I've ever played with to hit a hole in one ( singing hills - River Course - Hole 5 )

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It’s always really sad when one of us dies on here. We usually don’t know each other, only by our words, and then you get a little bit of their personality like [MENTION=263]zefarelly[/MENTION] given us about Richard and it really brings it home.

Love to you all

RIP Richard.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Very sad news. RIP Richard

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Ah man! I'm think I only met him once, but got to know him through being a fellow Shorehamite (on the local FB groups) and as Tricky Dicky on here. I had a lot of chats with him on messenger about the Albion, his illness and Shoreham-by-Sea. Seemed like a top bloke who didn't let anything stop him from living his life.

Very sad news. And it was his birthday yesterday :(

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
RIP fella, very sad x

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh this is such sad news, his mother did tell me he was back in hospital. He was such a nice fella, I did his carpets throughout (his cats ruined them within a few weeks, but he wasn't bothered) and amtico in his conservatory. He loved the Albion, Cricket and his cats, and took up art a few years ago. As others have said, a real gentleman and unassuming, ah, such loss.

R.I.P Tricky x

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Oh this is such sad news, his mother did tell me he was back in hospital. He was such a nice fella, I did his carpets throughout (his cats ruined them within a few weeks, but he wasn't bothered) and amtico in his conservatory. He loved the Albion, Cricket and his cats, and took up art a few years ago. As others have said, a real gentleman and unassuming, ah, such loss.

R.I.P Tricky x

Those cats should work in the R&D Dept @ axminster! I was round there on Saturday with his brother sorting a few things out, they have weapons grade claws.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here