Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Own Goal from Palarse favouring England Manager

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Bloody useless Southgate getting England to the semi final and final in his first two tournaments. Bring back the world-class managers preceding him where we never made it past the QFs and sometimes not even beyond the group stage.

He’s picked Gallagher for England because he’s a bloody good player, and after a full year on loan at Palace he’s going to be even better in time for the World Cup next winter.

Edit for this question: Is Gallagher the first Palace - although not really - player to be called into the England squad under Southgate??

Last edited:

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Gallagher isn’t England quality what so ever. Personally think he is very over rated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Strange post. He’s been excellent this season and should have been picked before being a replacement. He also isn’t Palace player. Not sure if I’ve been whooshed…

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I think that’s fair from Southgate, he’s been very good all season and deserves the call up.

Same as Dunk.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Edit for this question: Is Gallagher the first Palace - although not really - player to be called into the England squad under Southgate??

I think Lofus-Cheek was called up and made his debut while on loan at Palace.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Bloody useless Southgate getting England to the semi final and final in his first two tournaments. Bring back the world-class managers preceding him where we never made it past the QFs and sometimes not even beyond the group stage.

He’s picked Gallagher for England because he’s a bloody good player, and after a full year on loan at Palace he’s going to be even better in time for the World Cup next winter.

And he failed...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Completely ignored Trossard.

Same old same old.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Why dislike Gallagher?
I like him because he is not a Palace player but is taking all the plaudits as their best player making all the others average at best. He makes them tick, if he carries on like this and has a cap he will be snapped up by a bigger club than Palace.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Strange post. He’s been excellent this season and should have been picked before being a replacement. He also isn’t Palace player. Not sure if I’ve been whooshed…

But if he'd been on loan at Brighton rather than Palace ..........? Hmmm.

Wonder if White's Brighton history will go against him, especially if England are going to switch to three at the back.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Probably only been selected as he is currently eligible to play for England, Scotland and Ireland, so stand by for a substitute appearance in the 89th minute, so he becomes solely eligible for England, and then forgotten about until his return to Chelsea.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Gallagher was the reason that they should have beaten us. He's been a revelation this season, coming on in leaps and bounds after picking up experience at West Brom last year. I wish him all the best in his international career. (I also hope he picks up a minor knock that keeps him out for a fair few league games, as without him Palace would be absolute toilet.)

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
It’s only a matter of time before Palarse’s Marc Guéhi gets called up…ahead of the inform Lewis Dunk.:rolleyes:

Guehi is the future, Dunk is 30 this month, and won’t be considered.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Gallagher was the reason that they should have beaten us. He's been a revelation this season, coming on in leaps and bounds after picking up experience at West Brom last year. I wish him all the best in his international career. (I also hope he picks up a minor knock that keeps him out for a fair few league games, as without him Palace would be absolute toilet.)

I thought we were reliant on Zaha ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some sad peevish people on this thread. Here are a couple of chips for anyone who still has unburdonded shoulders:

Brighton.PNG
palarse.PNG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here