[Other Sport] New world record set for 100m

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Can't we put on her on a bike, so everyone can scream... Drug cheat!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Her record for 100+ has been beaten so she created a new category 105+, which almost certainly means no other person aged 105 or older has ever been timed running 100m. It's a sham for publicity.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Was thinking this might be a record to attempt should I reach 105 years old, but I've just discovered the men's world record is 34.50 seconds which I reckon I'd struggle with now. Let alone after I've put my body through another 60 years of abuse. Suppose I've got plenty of time to train for it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Was thinking this might be a record to attempt should I reach 105 years old, but I've just discovered the men's world record is 34.50 seconds which I reckon I'd struggle with now. Let alone after I've put my body through another 60 years of abuse. Suppose I've got plenty of time to train for it.
Just get a sex change for your 105th birthday then you should be able to smash this biddy's record just by walking the course.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
That is serious IMPRESSIVE at that age.

Don't know the stats, but surely 99% (probably even higher) of the population don't even reach that age, let alone can move anything like that speed.

Any smartarse comments aren't worth it on this thread. People marvelled at Captain Tom trundling up and down for charity, that US lady is something else (speed I mean, not cash raised for charity)

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Don't know the stats, but surely 99% (probably even higher) of the population don't even reach that age, let alone can move anything like that speed.

Any smartarse comments aren't worth it on this thread. People marvelled at Captain Tom trundling up and down for charity, that US lady is something else (speed I mean, not cash raised for charity)

Well said! She’s 105! One hundred and five!

1.5 times the three score years and ten!

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014

I was impressed , let's see how the smart arse do now and then when they are that age.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal

I don't disagree that it's impressive for someone of that age but the whole world record bit is over the top when the article says she created the 105+ category after her 100+ record was broken. I reckon I could set numerous world records if I could create my own categories.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I don't disagree that it's impressive for someone of that age but the whole world record bit is over the top when the article says she created the 105+ category after her 100+ record was broken. I reckon I could set numerous world records if I could create my own categories.

Masters Athletics has 5 year Age Bands. I would be sure she is the first female to run in this group. I’m currently halfway into the 60-65 Age Group.

Hope she gets the 110+ record.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here