GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
20211106_094334.jpg

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Worked with Tommy He was a bit of a conman lol

macky

Dec 28, 2004
There’s a story about him and Whitehawk FC’s club house (when he played for them)
I cant remember that He was a bit of a weasel type Always on the pounce
I think he was Cloughs first signing Him and another from Derby

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I cant remember that He was a bit of a weasel type Always on the pounce
I think he was Cloughs first signing Him and another from Derby

He was Peter Taylor’s first signing following Clough’s exit. Joined from Derby with Jim Walker for £25k. Walker was the better player.

Mexican Seagull

Jan 16, 2013
Mexico City
Didn´t Walker use white boots which was a bit of a fashion statement at the time.???

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
A period of many underwhelming signings if I recall, before Taylor rumbled that we needed better players than that.

It was. He and Clough too were bringing in players who couldn't get in their clubs' first teams including Jim Walker and Tommy Mason (Derby), Ronnie Welch and Harry Wilson (Burnley) and Paul Fuschillo (Blackpool)? Only Wilson of that five was any good. To be fair and as you say, Taylor did see the problem and also brought some cracking players to us including Ward and Mellor, which started our revival.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It was. He and Clough too were bringing in players who couldn't get in their clubs' first teams including Jim Walker and Tommy Mason (Derby), Ronnie Welch and Harry Wilson (Burnley) and Paul Fuschillo (Blackpool)? Only Wilson of that five was any good. To be fair and as you say, Taylor did see the problem and also brought some cracking players to us including Ward and Mellor, which started our revival.

A somewhat underrated and unfashionable manager was Peter Taylor, liked to think of himself as primarily a coach and scout of course, but great kudos to him for sticking with it at the Albion after his best mate decided to jump ship for Dirty Leeds.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Favourite food: Steak
Favourite band: Genesis

Classic.

Just needs…
Hobbies: Driving
Favourite car..... - that's my sort of player

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Ah Tony Towner. Bit before my time when at the Albion but when we went to the Valley in Jan 1984, he was playing for them and was hugely popular with the Albion support. (Decent winger, Brighton born and bred, what's not to like).

That day he ripped us a new one to be fair (along with Mick Flanagan), and yet we somehow won thanks to O'Reilly after 46 seconds.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here