Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Time for a Separate RIP Section?

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Seem to be getting a lot of RIP threads started recently, some very obscure tbh. (See dolphin RIP thread...!)

Is it time to have a separate forum where these can be posted and where they won't fade into obscurity after a day or two.

Also will be a place where people will know where to look, especially friends/family/fans of those passed if there is a personal connection?

Thoughts?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Can we all choose which topics go on the main board? If so can we get rid of betting, boxing, cricket, away ticket, and non-league threads? I'm not interested in them and would rather they didn't clog up the main board, thanks.

Though I think if we all get to pick what threads don't make the big board, we might not be left with much. I'm sure there are some that don't like the in-fighting and negativity you get in match day threads so even they'd have to go...

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
A hide thread option like the hide post option on FB would be nice. I know you don't have to open a thread if you are not interested, but sometimes just seeing it in the main list can be very irritating

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
My immediate thought is no. If the person concerned creates a lot of interest then the thread will stay at the top for a long time naturally.
This is, after all, a football forum...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My immediate thought is no. If the person concerned creates a lot of interest then the thread will stay at the top for a long time naturally.

It clearly isn't. Else many of us wouldn't give it the time of day. And today alone there's been RIP threads on the main board for FW De Clerk and for some random dolphin. What's that all about? :shrug:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

No it isn't, thank God. What sad ****er just wants to talk about football?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No it isn't, thank God. What sad ****er just wants to talk about football?

IMHO the ultimate tribute to NSC came from some other football board in some shit northern town. Probably Burnley. Forget the exact wording but was something along the lines of 'eh bloody hell, they'll talk about anything other than football on there' :lol:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here