Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Australian Pink Floyd

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Sorry to read that - apart from a 'bit too far' - Malta's a great place. :)

No symptoms apart from loss of smell. we are both double vaccinated and i was due to go for my booster last Sunday but cannot leave the house.
Malta is changing rapidly and will soon be completely built over if the Planning Authority and the Developers, who seem to get what they want regardless, get their way. Gozo too.

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/v...-outrageous-developments-on-the-island.914403

Aussie Pink Floyd have been here twice and I really hope they can come here again.
I urge anyone who likes Floyd and hasn't seen them to go. They are exceptional.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
No symptoms apart from loss of smell. we are both double vaccinated and i was due to go for my booster last Sunday but cannot leave the house.
Malta is changing rapidly and will soon be completely built over if the Planning Authority and the Developers, who seem to get what they want regardless, get their way. Gozo too.

https://timesofmalta.com/articles/v...-outrageous-developments-on-the-island.914403

Aussie Pink Floyd have been here twice and I really hope they can come here again.
I urge anyone who likes Floyd and hasn't seen them to go. They are exceptional.

Damn! Just read that link - can't believe they're planning all that. Such a shame if it goes ahead, as all the natural beauty of the islands will be lost. :(

Glad to hear you have just minor symptoms - get well soon, and fingers crossed the Aussies will pop over there again.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I would quite happily sit through the whole show simply for Comfortably Numb, but I'm not going tonight.

Enjoy the gig, it's quite a show.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
When you've seen the real thing many times, it's just not the same.

I have, too, and of course it isn't, otherwise it would actually be Pink Floyd playing. :)

That aside, they are fantastic musicians who have been putting on these shows for many, many years, and are pretty much note perfect.

It's a great show.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Seen them 3 times....Bloody superb.

Nick Mason said "they're probably better than us" :lolol:

To be fair, they've been playing longer than the originals. :)

Btw, I'm looking forward to Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets next year, having seen them at The Roundhouse. Bloody brilliant, they are, and a huge surprise as to how good Gary Kemp is.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I have tickets, however, due to the Mother and Father of all colds( not Covid) I won’t be going.

I don’t think anyone sitting near me would be happy with me sneezing, coughing and sweating, while shivering all through the performance.
One of the joys of having grandkids is them infecting you with all kinds of lurgys.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I have tickets, however, due to the Mother and Father of all colds( not Covid) I won’t be going.

I don’t think anyone sitting near me would be happy with me sneezing, coughing and sweating, while shivering all through the performance.
One of the joys of having grandkids is them infecting you with all kinds of lurgys.

Bummer! :(
Hope you feel better soon, and you managed to shift the tix.
They'll be back next year.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The Brighton Centre is a big step up. I remember seeing them at the Zap in the 90s.

Enjoy people.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The Brighton Centre is a big step up. I remember seeing them at the Zap in the 90s.

Enjoy people.

Actually they've performed there numerous times, I've seen them there 3 times pre pandemic. Don't know what they were like at the Zap but they put on a brililant show included lights and lasers. If you're a floyd fan they are definitely worth going to see there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here