Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RIP Winter the Dolphin

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Sad news last night that Winter the dolphin died at Clearwater Marine Aquarium in Florida after a short illness.

I dont know if anyone's else's kids grew up with the film Dolphin Tale?, but its a great family movie with Morgan Freeman about the true life story of how Winter was rescued as a baby, but lost her tail & had a prosthetic one fitted.
The story inspired thousands of disabled children and war veterans in the US who lost limbs, and Winter was regularly visited by them for rehab sessions etc.

My kids are devastated today as weve visited the hospital several times over the years....it feels like a part of their childhood has gone forever :down:

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Oh that's sad. We visited him in the CW Aquarium about 7-8 years ago. It was a fascinating story and really heartening and my young daughter loved the whole story and experience there.

Not sure what it is about dolphins, but they are such wonderful creatures, we went out into the bay and saw several dolphins swimming about and my young daughter was so excited to see them.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Oh No!! My autistic son has been saving up to go and see Winter but because of covid etc we have obviously not got there yet. Will have to break it to him gently. RIP Winter, a truly inspirational dolphin.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Oh No!! My autistic son has been saving up to go and see Winter but because of covid etc we have obviously not got there yet. Will have to break it to him gently. RIP Winter, a truly inspirational dolphin.

That's so sad. :down:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here