Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] John Donovan RIP

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I know l have asked this question before, but does anyone else on here know John?

He is long term disabled Albion fan, with a long Oussama Bin Laden like beard, who has a seat in the disabled are of the Lower East Stand. He is often to be found in his wheelchair pre match in or abound the club shop, he seems to buy most of the contents!

Anyway l digress, l haven't seen him so far this season, which is a tad worrying as he normally hardly ever misses a home game.

In these troubled Covid hit times l'm quite worried about him, he is fiercely independent and won't let anyone help. Does anyone have any news.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Unashamedly bouncing my own thread as l am very concerned about John, if anyone has seen him or knows of him please post. These are such difficult times for the vulnerable during the Pandemic.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Good you are concerned.. On basis the club rang many older people during Covid would it not be possible to ask them to make contact to enquire if he is OK

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Well what a day, even more sad news. I have just learned that John passed away earlier in the year. Would be grateful if mods could turn this into yet another R.I.P. thread for my old friend. John really did bleed blue & white.

R.I.P. mate. :albion2:

Last edited:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Well what a day, even more sad news. I have just learned that John passed away earlier in the years. Would be grateful if mods could turn this into yet another R.I.P. thread for my old friend. John really did bleed blue & white.

R.I.P. mate. :albion2:
Done.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
First and foremost it's always sad when "one of us" goes. RIP.

I did, however, open the thread with some trepidation as I've known another Brighton fan with the same name for donkey's years who used to drink with the Irish lads in the Nightingale in late 80s early 90s and was also my postie for a few years! I do wonder if I'll be the only one making that mistake.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing

I did, however, open the thread with some trepidation as I've known another Brighton fan with the same name for donkey's years who used to drink with the Irish lads in the Nightingale in late 80s early 90s and was also my postie for a few years! I do wonder if I'll be the only one making that mistake.

I thought the same

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

If his name had been John Smith, Heaven help all of us. :wink:

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Sorry to hear of the passing of John, I too had been worried about him as I'd not seen him at a match for some time (though I didn't seem to see him so often since we moved to the Amex anyway). Used to see him every match basically at Withdean as he always positioned himself just so most people had to walk past him and say hello! Another stalwart fan now watching from above. RIP John.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
[MENTION=13683]Cowfold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=2900]Al Bion[/MENTION] is the same John Donovan that went to Cardinal Newman and was a postie. Red head about 55?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

caesar

Oct 9, 2005
[MENTION=13683]Cowfold Seagull[/MENTION] [MENTION=2900]Al Bion[/MENTION] is the same John Donovan that went to Cardinal Newman and was a postie. Red head about 55?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

I’m happy to confirm that the red headed postie is alive and well and I played a round of golf with him this week .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here