Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gene Simmons ( Kiss ) giving it straight

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think that’s splitting hairs and I don’t know where the Guardian is getting it’s ICU data as it hasn’t been published since July. The Guardian also recently released an article by an an anonymous hospital consultant complaining that hospitals are full of non vaccinated COVID patients. It’s clear what their agenda is.

Whether every patient in hospital/ICU is vaccinated or every patient in hospital/ICU is unvaccinated, those numbers tell you nothing at all.

A year ago, every patient in hospital/ICU was unvaccinated because the vaccines were not available.

In a mythical land where every single person was vaccinated, every patient in hospital/ICU would be vaccinated, because there'd be no unvaccinated people left and vaccines aren't a suit of armour providing 100% protection.

So, the higher the vaccination rate achieved in a country then the more people in hospital in that country, wiil also be vaccinated.

To truly understand how successful the vaccination programme has been, if you want to use people attending hospital as your metric, you need to know how many people have been vaccinated and what ages they are (a higher proportion of elderly people are vaccinated than younger people). Ideally you'd also want to know how many jabs have been administer and when the last one was (as someone who only had one jab six months ago has poor protection relative to someone who had their third jab two weeks ago).

Anyway, all this aside - are you suggesting, Ben, that the Covid-19 vaccines do not help prevent serious illness and death?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What's the agenda, then?

Telling the truth.

Wife works at Worthing Hospital. Notes on Covid wards reveal the majority of patients are unvaccinated. That’s been the case since early summer and unerringly hasn’t altered.

Considering 88% of eligible folk have at least one jab, that’s astonishing.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Telling the truth.

Wife works at Worthing Hospital. Notes on Covid wards reveal the majority of patients are unvaccinated. That’s been the case since early summer and unerringly hasn’t altered.

Considering 88% of eligible folk have at least one jab, that’s astonishing.

Very hard to argue against that.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I think that’s splitting hairs and I don’t know where the Guardian is getting it’s ICU data as it hasn’t been published since July. The Guardian also recently released an article by an an anonymous hospital consultant complaining that hospitals are full of non vaccinated COVID patients. It’s clear what their agenda is.
You're wrong. If you posit that one set of figures is different from another, it certainly isn't splitting hairs to point out that one is a subset of only about 10% of the other. As I pointed out, there are several reasons where the number in intensive care would not necessarily be in the same proportion as the number in hospital.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here