Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] RIP Stuart 'Two Bags' Ashby

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Desperately sad to share the news that Stuart passed away earlier.

Stuart was part of the fabric of the Albion - well known to so many fans and players through the years, as well as fans of SCCC, Southend, real ale, and peas. Never short of an opinion, but utterly loyal, he was at his happiest when he'd got a great photo or autograph from a player on their way off the coach. Or the obligatory 'squad photo' of his friends from wherever we'd gone that day...

As was the way with Stuart, his circle was so wide he'll have touched so many people that I don't even know. To all that knew him, I'm sorry for your loss and share it with you.

RIP Stuart Two Bags

:love::love::love::love::love:

:albion2::bhasign:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I first met Stuart on a train back from Southend in 1990. I was doing the grounds. Yes 'two bags' was a legend. He must have been to just every and any ground in the country. I seem to recall he toured the Good Pub Guide too.

Very amiable fella. Good company. Sorry to hear the news.

I knew he wasn't well last week, but always a shock.

RIP.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I recognised the feller by sight - most of us who did aways and watched cricket back in the day would have. RIP fellow seagull and condolences to those who knew him well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Sat close to Stuart at Withdean, where my son and I gave him the nickname of Hallelujah man on the basis of his shout of 'hallelujah' when we had our first shot on goal. which at times was very late in the game.
He was also a cause of merriment at halftime, as he always put his fingers in his ears to block out the half time scores, as he always wanted to watch MOTD without knowing any details.
His bags seemed to be like the Tardis, as lots of stuff always came out, Kuipers' Gloves. about a million photographs, newspaper cuttings and various other odd things.

RIP

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Very sad. He always sat behind the bowlers arm in the deckchairs at the Cromwell Road end.

Was always on the hunt for autographs and had magazines, books and bats galore to sign.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
RIP Stuart, one of the first persons I met when I joined the railway.

Saw him not that long ago in Shoreham

Henfield One

Aug 5, 2003
Stuart

Very sad news indeed, a really passionate supporter of SCCC and the Albion, will be very much missed but forever will be a Sussex supporting legend. Rest easy Stuart.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
R.I.P

I didn’t know Stuart, but he stuck up for me once in a pub before a game in York, as other Albion fans were taking the piss out of me for wearing a SCCC top bright yellow.
We lost 3-1 early 90s I think.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
One of the most genuine people I’ve met at the Albion, kind and considerate, always asked about the family, not a bad bone in him..

RIP old mate 😞

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
R.I.P. Stuart, was a privilege to have known you, and will miss our pre match chats in the club shop and outside the players entrance, at the Amex.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If anyone knows details on funeral arrangements can they advise here, would like to attend

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here